Project Breeze

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

ElijahMahone

Project Breeze

Post by ElijahMahone »

I made a Breeze theme for ReactOS. Please add the repository to ReactOS. I put in my work. https://github.com/EnterWINE/Breeze-theme
[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: Project Breeze

Post by EmuandCo »

Hello, ConLenov, EnterWINE, cuchma19 or now ElijahMahone

We know about your pull request as you already did gain some attention in there. (https://github.com/reactos/reactos/pull/2414)
I have no problem with another theme and adding it is possible of course. But the problem we have then is that in the end after a few months the ISO will become a theme collection more than a OS. So I can vote for adding it, but don't take this a accepted only by that. RAPPS addition of course always is a possibility.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
binarymaster

Post by binarymaster »

The only problem with RAPPS - we don't have any screenshot/preview features here.
shunesburg

Post by shunesburg »

binarymaster wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:12 pm The only problem with RAPPS - we don't have any screenshot/preview features here.
I thought the same think, it could be a good thing.
ElijahMahone

Post by ElijahMahone »

If you add the Breeze theme to ReactOS, nothing terrible will happen. The Breeze theme takes up 1 MB. After adding the Breeze theme, ReactOS will remain ReactOS
karlexceed

Post by karlexceed »

The problem becomes when many people all have their pet project or favorite theme that they also want included in the ISO. ReactOS right now is around 100 MB. If there were even 10 additional themes at 1 MB a piece that's 10% more stuff to download every time, at 10% extra time to do it. 10% more space is then used, etc... As a tester, there are days that i download dozens of different versions of ROS. I don't need to be wasting unnecessary time and storage space.

I agree with the idea of adding themes to RApps instead. Then it's independent from the ISO and people can freely download whatever theme they'd like after installation.
ElijahMahone

Post by ElijahMahone »

There will be no horrors if you add the Breeze theme to ReactOS. Users can try out a new design theme in ReactOS.
onestop_mid

Post by onestop_mid »

People who need themes in ReactOS have already downloaded them. I do believe that this theme should be added to RApps at some point, though the theme installation process is easy enough that it's not a big issue. Why are you so persistent about getting your theme into ReactOS?
ElijahMahone

Post by ElijahMahone »

I want to contribute to the development of ReactOS. I worked on the design in the Breeze style in order for ReactOS to have a good design