Deutsche Fenster für BEFEHLE

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

TMStreicher

Re: Deutschen Fenstern für BEFEHLE

Post by TMStreicher »

gonzoMD wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:16 pm No. Without N is correct.
As a native German inhabitant I can confirm this.
erkinalp

Post by erkinalp »

Deutsche Fenster für Befehle is singular, Deutschen Fenstern für Befehle is plural.
-uses Ubuntu+GNOME 3 GNU/Linux
-likes Free (as in freedom) and Open Source Detergents
-favors open source of Windows 10 under GPL2
ThFabba
Developer

Post by ThFabba »

And as the third native German speaker here (in case two aren't convincing enough?)... you're wrong.
"Deutsches Fenster" or "Das deutsche Fenster" is singular nominative.
"Deutsche Fenster" or "Die deutschen Fenster" is plural nominative.
"(Den) Deutschen Fenstern" is plural dative.
"Deutsche Fenster" or "Die deutschen Fenster" is plural accusative.
"Für Befehle"'s declination is determined by "für" (accusative plural) and therefore is the same in all of these.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Confirmed by the sort of native German aka Bavarian too. "Deutsche Fenster" is the one and only as ThFabba explained correctly.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Damn, now I am confused. Which spelling of an imaginary document from the past, relating to a fictitious Nazi operating system is correct?
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

plural nominative aka "Deutsche Fenster" ^^ CMon german is not that difficult ^^
b44.jpg
b44.jpg (39.59 KiB) Viewed 20057 times
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

If it was just "der-die-das-die" and co! It's also all about the ending of the words themselves!!!!
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: Deutsche Fenster für BEFEHLE

Post by EmuandCo »

I know ^^ our language has some SM tendencies in grammar. No wonder that dizt3mp3r has some interpretation problems with his old documents... Good luck with that. If you have some translation problems, feel free to ask here. The mighty german grammar warriors are here and will help ya out :P

dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

pzFlipClock01.jpg
pzFlipClock01.jpg (49.55 KiB) Viewed 19986 times
The flip-flop clock option in MBOS, a program newly extracted from the recovered sources. Written in a variant of javascript as a form of punishment for enslaved programmers from the occupied countries. A most cruel regime.

The instructions recreated and translated. Note the original has been adapted from the gothic script that was found on the original as well as being translated into English, so forgive any errors.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

The instructions now attached below
panzer-flip-clock-help.png
panzer-flip-clock-help.png (495.39 KiB) Viewed 19984 times
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Why is it when I type "mein befehl os" in Google, the top links are all Windows 10? Is Google telling us something we already knew?
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Another screenshot from the Unterseeboot version of the Kriegsmarine Deutsche Fenster für BEFEHLE, this time showing the Weather Report as supplied by the Deutscher Meteorologiedienst.
meinbefehle01.png
meinbefehle01.png (520.46 KiB) Viewed 19770 times
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

-and the help from just one of the gauges, each gauge was different.
meinbefehle02.png
meinbefehle02.png (448.99 KiB) Viewed 19770 times
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

I managed to get it working on MBOS.

https://i.imgur.com/Gr5L453.gif

Can't attach, the animated GIF is too large so you'll have to watch it on imgur by clicking on the link above.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

The digital archeology continues...

We managed to recover some more of the source code that came through the wormhole showing more of the interface used by the OberKommando of the Wehrmacht OKW to communicate person to person with high ranking officers.

All data, including files were encrypted during transmission using the advanced encryption techniques of the time that would still defeat even many of today's powerful computers.

The tool is the 1940s equivalent of what we would now call a real-time chat tool. It only allowed communication between two people at a time, keeping the conversation secret in order and avoiding the need to always talk to other users on the same chat.

It used a network file sharing utility called FallenBoxen to achieve the sharing of network resources.

fireCallMain01.png
fireCallMain01.png (304.32 KiB) Viewed 17925 times
Slowly, we are finding more components of the Mein Befehl OS, and in my next post I hope to post some more results as the digital archeology continues.