Project Mizu

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

dizt3mp3r

Re: Project Mizu

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Just avoid ambiguous language like 'crap', that has various connotations to different ears. Misunderstandings are formed on that sort of mistake.

Crap comes from Thomas Crapper, the inventor of the flushable water closet. Therefore crap means "sh1T" to English ears, so your comment that the icons look like or akin to human excrement might be taken badly...

:D
Last edited by dizt3mp3r on Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
Reactions

Post by Reactions »

dizt3mp3r wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:18 pm Just avoid ambiguous language like 'crap', that has various connotations to different ears. Misunderstandings are formed on that sort of mistake.
Ok thanks! Now I understand.
Please support/share my Patreon! Helps so much! https://www.patreon.com/reactions
mrmajik45

Post by mrmajik45 »

Devs: -1
Resizing an image: Eazy to do if you have the .kra or .ps or whatever image extension.

We barely have any devs. And the ones we have are busy most of the time.
Last edited by mrmajik45 on Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ReactOS Donator ~ $5.00 | Linux Mint Donator ~ $1.00 in BTC
mrmajik45

Post by mrmajik45 »

dizt3mp3r wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:18 pm Just avoid ambiguous language like 'crap', that has various connotations to different ears. Misunderstandings are formed on that sort of mistake.

Crap comes from Thomas Crapper, the inventor of the flushable water closet. Therefore crap means "sh1T" to English ears, so your comment that the icons look like or akin to human excrement might be taken badly...

I am an American but I mean it just will look bad.
ReactOS Donator ~ $5.00 | Linux Mint Donator ~ $1.00 in BTC
Reactions

Post by Reactions »

mrmajik45 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:36 pm

I am an American but I mean it just will look bad.
So am I, I just never knew that's what it's associated with. Learn something new every day. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Please support/share my Patreon! Helps so much! https://www.patreon.com/reactions
ThFabba
Developer

Post by ThFabba »

Oh. My. $deity. Read the fucking title of the thread! This is so horrendously off-topic that I'm surprised you aren't all banned yet.
Move the icon talk elsewhere.
Last edited by ThFabba on Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reactions

Post by Reactions »

ThFabba wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:24 pm Oh. My. God. Read the fucking title of the thread! This is so horrendously off-topic that I'm surprised you aren't all banned yet.
Move the icon talk elsewhere.
I already did.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

.ico uses magenta for transparency afaik. SO no real alpha channel. Btw, I don't think that any icon size above 96x96 is of any use, but it's up to you what you do... I just guarantee that we won't add about 4000 icons with 300 kB each.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
Reactions

Post by Reactions »

EmuandCo wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:17 pm .ico uses magenta for transparency afaik. SO no real alpha channel. Btw, I don't think that any icon size above 96x96 is of any use, but it's up to you what you do... I just guarantee that we won't add about 4000 icons with 300 kB each.
Wiring topic bud. Search "icon update"
shunesburg

Post by shunesburg »

The normal resolutions are between 16 and 48px, for colors between 2 and 24bit with alpha channel, for transparency, and one bit for reverse color.
Since Vista, there is the add of PNG in the icon.
In the official Windows icon, there is only 256x256px for PNG.
Reactions

Post by Reactions »

shunesburg wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:45 am The normal resolutions are between 16 and 48px, for colors between 2 and 24bit with alpha channel, for transparency, and one bit for reverse color.
Since Vista, there is the add of PNG in the icon.
In the official Windows icon, there is only 256x256px for PNG.
Off topic, go here. viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18537