Code: Select all

if useTheseIcons == true
     cool
else
     Commit Sewerside!!!!
mf
Developer

Post by mf »

Err, okay. I couldn't help but do this. As an icon designer, I've always wanted to do one thing... :lol:

[ external image ]

*HIDES*

I couldn't help but put the banana peel on. :oops:
ma-games.de

Post by ma-games.de »

For me, this is the best thread in the hole forum! :D Every few hours a new icon set! :D Keep doing this good work!
frik85
Developer

Post by frik85 »

Nice icons :)
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

I would like that you remove the banana peel if possible. (in a computer there is only file and folders...)
Dr. Fred
Developer

Post by Dr. Fred »

I like the banana peel, but I'm afraid you can't recognize it anymore if you see it at desktop icon size.

BTW: How do you create the icons :?:
Last edited by Dr. Fred on Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where do you want ReactOS to go today ?
mf
Developer

Post by mf »

And here we are, a folder!

[ external image ]

I put in the ReactOS logo watermark because otherwise the icon would look too boring. It's not intended to be very recognizable, as it's only there to fancy the icon up a bit.

@Dr. Fred

For most icons (my computer, hard drive, trash) I search for pictures of real-life objects, and "iconify" them, so as to be consistent and recognizable at small sizes. To illustrate, this is the source image for my trash: http://www.bettymills.com/store/images/ ... UB1103.JPG. If necessary I trace parts in vector, adjust brightness, shape, perspective, color, to match what I have in my head. The folder is a vector imitation of the win2k folder. The My Computer icon is a composite picture of various generic computer parts.
HUMA2000

Post by HUMA2000 »

I love that icons!!!
ma-games.de

Post by ma-games.de »

More, we want more :P :shock: :lol:
And, is it possible to integrate them to the next Version of ReactOS (0.2.6 or 0.3.0)?
mf
Developer

Post by mf »

ma-games.de wrote:And, is it possible to integrate them to the next Version of ReactOS (0.2.6 or 0.3.0)?
Ask developers if they want them :).
solemnwarning

Post by solemnwarning »

Developers, U Will Use The Icons In ReactOS Or Else.................................erm, Let Me Think
uniQ

Post by uniQ »

Definately great. While I'll admit I'm not sure about the banana peel, it's still a great set of icons. 1ce you've converted them to all the required formats and made .ico files for them I think they'll be great for ReactOS! Especially the computer, I've been getting tired of that iMac they use now ;)

-uniQ
Coming on, coming up, let me help ROS and I'll be able to look @ a life well used.
GreatLord
Developer

Post by GreatLord »

Nice icon mf.
i realy like the folder icon set. I think it should be use in ReactOS.
Estaban

Post by Estaban »

The whole idea is to let it look familiair, nobody cares about shiny, designer icons as default iconset. The userfeeling will go up IMO if this new and refreshing iconset will be used as an default. The current iconset sucks IMO. There are all the same icons everywere, wich can be annoying. What do you all think? Shall this iconset be used as an default in your opinion in the future releases of ReactOS? I vote yes. Great work, not too much showoff. Just clean and nice icons. So, what do you think?
Viod

Post by Viod »

Estaban wrote:The whole idea is to let it look familiair, nobody cares about shiny, designer icons as default iconset. The userfeeling will go up IMO if this new and refreshing iconset will be used as an default. The current iconset sucks IMO. There are all the same icons everywere, wich can be annoying. What do you all think? Shall this iconset be used as an default in your opinion in the future releases of ReactOS? I vote yes. Great work, not too much showoff. Just clean and nice icons. So, what do you think?
It`s a great idea! I want some nice new shiny icon set in future release of ROS :D ;]
:D