New Design without Windows 10 Themes

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

os_ca

New Design without Windows 10 Themes

Post by os_ca »

Better removed. I think my post is not appropriate as other members pointed out. I should encourage the hard working development team instead.
Last edited by os_ca on Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dizt3mp3r

Re: New Design without Windows 10 Themes

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Good though it is good to have opinions sometimes it is best to keep them to oneself.

Some opinions we can do without.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
karlexceed

Post by karlexceed »

"For my first post to this forum, I'd like to tell you all that your project is stupid and you're doing it wrong."
os_ca wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:52 am Why don't you create a brand new independent OS totally new designed from bottom to top running ARM processor?
There are dozens of those already. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category: ... ng_systems
os_ca wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:52 am I have a good idea. MS abandoned Mobile OS. you may buy it at cheap price and start a new os from it.
Buy Windows Mobile from Microsoft? First, that wouldn't happen and if it did, it wouldn't be cheap. Second, that wouldn't be "starting a new OS", it would be picking up where Microsoft left off.
os_ca wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:52 am Your desktop look can be totally innovative without thinking of Windows, Mac or Linux.
So, rather than continuing ROS development from where it's at, you think it would help the "10 years behind" issue to start completely from scratch and make something totally different than what's out there?

I'm not sure if you think OS development is like writing an Android app, but you seem to be way off base with some of your ideas.
os_ca

Post by os_ca »

I am sorry I downloaded and tried this OS many times well before/after you joined the forum. I understand developers contribute enormous of their time and effort. I hope they release a RTM successfully soon.