Blackshade theme

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

Post Reply
cernodile
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:01 pm
Location: Estonia
Contact:

Blackshade theme

Post by cernodile » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:45 am

Hello,

I noticed there's an scrapped (not in debug or release builds and missing bitmaps, seeminly only concept) theme that kinda has hints of Vista and XP mixed with glossy effect. Why is this never used or made? It would be amazing to have variety like this.
https://github.com/reactos/reactos/tree ... e.msstyles

The image in the same folder;
Image
My working rigs:
Dell Latitude E5430 on 0.4.9-vgal - i5-3340M, 8GB (4 utilized) DDR3-1600MHz RAM, booting off a USB.
Image

Missingno50
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:28 am
Location: Dixon, California
Contact:

Re: Blackshade theme

Post by Missingno50 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:00 am

Would love to see this as a real theme. :shock:
Wonder why it was scrapped.
"We are going to have to act, if we want to live in a different world."
Proud owner of one semi-modern ROS compatible computer. I hope to make an industry out of selling ROS compatibles the moment 0.5.0 releases.

cernodile
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:01 pm
Location: Estonia
Contact:

Re: Blackshade theme

Post by cernodile » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:48 am

Missingno50 wrote:Would love to see this as a real theme. :shock:
Wonder why it was scrapped.
From the looks of it; it was only a photoshop mockup. That raises a question why even add it to the repository.
My working rigs:
Dell Latitude E5430 on 0.4.9-vgal - i5-3340M, 8GB (4 utilized) DDR3-1600MHz RAM, booting off a USB.
Image

Missingno50
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:28 am
Location: Dixon, California
Contact:

Re: Blackshade theme

Post by Missingno50 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:51 am

cernodile wrote:
Missingno50 wrote:Would love to see this as a real theme. :shock:
Wonder why it was scrapped.
From the looks of it; it was only a photoshop mockup. That raises a question why even add it to the repository.
Hence my entire "Would love to see this as a real theme." Also, do you know who I am?
"We are going to have to act, if we want to live in a different world."
Proud owner of one semi-modern ROS compatible computer. I hope to make an industry out of selling ROS compatibles the moment 0.5.0 releases.

cernodile
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:01 pm
Location: Estonia
Contact:

Re: Blackshade theme

Post by cernodile » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:55 am

Missingno50 wrote:
cernodile wrote:
Missingno50 wrote:Would love to see this as a real theme. :shock:
Wonder why it was scrapped.
From the looks of it; it was only a photoshop mockup. That raises a question why even add it to the repository.
Hence my entire "Would love to see this as a real theme." Also, do you know who I am?
Yes, I know you're in the unofficial Discord.
Someone should really finalize this theme, also guidelines for designers would be nice.
My working rigs:
Dell Latitude E5430 on 0.4.9-vgal - i5-3340M, 8GB (4 utilized) DDR3-1600MHz RAM, booting off a USB.
Image

Missingno50
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:28 am
Location: Dixon, California
Contact:

Re: Blackshade theme

Post by Missingno50 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:44 pm

cernodile wrote:
Missingno50 wrote:
cernodile wrote: From the looks of it; it was only a photoshop mockup. That raises a question why even add it to the repository.
Hence my entire "Would love to see this as a real theme." Also, do you know who I am?
Yes, I know you're in the unofficial Discord.
Someone should really finalize this theme, also guidelines for designers would be nice.
Guidelines, tutorials, really need some for custom MSStyles.
"We are going to have to act, if we want to live in a different world."
Proud owner of one semi-modern ROS compatible computer. I hope to make an industry out of selling ROS compatibles the moment 0.5.0 releases.

ThFabba
Developer
Posts: 263
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:39 am

Re: Blackshade theme

Post by ThFabba » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:29 pm

David was working on a tool to convert between a large single image and the individual files needed to make a theme. Finishing this theme is probably still on his todo list.

cernodile
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:01 pm
Location: Estonia
Contact:

Re: Blackshade theme

Post by cernodile » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:54 pm

ThFabba wrote:David was working on a tool to convert between a large single image and the individual files needed to make a theme. Finishing this theme is probably still on his todo list.
A tool would be nice for designers. Can't wait until he gets around doing it.
My working rigs:
Dell Latitude E5430 on 0.4.9-vgal - i5-3340M, 8GB (4 utilized) DDR3-1600MHz RAM, booting off a USB.
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest