ReactOS Sound Scheme Concept

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

d_dn

ReactOS Sound Scheme Concept

Post by d_dn »

I guess i choose right category.
I made simple startup/shutdown sound effects for ReactOS. I inspired by classic Windows 95/98 futuristic startup sounds. I wonder, why this such a great os does not have recognisable startup sound like MS operating systems?
Also i'm working on other OS events sounds(like errors, notifications ect), maybe soon i'll show it.
You can check out this video: https://youtu.be/sGawqACInnQ
I hope you like it.

I know, that the system has issues with sound devices(like almost all kind devices), but someday this problem will be solved.

Anybody, please tell me how can i contact with developers and talk about it?
Fraizeraust

Re: ReactOS Sound Scheme Concept

Post by Fraizeraust »

The sound quality seems quiet decent, in my opinion it'd fit well with the ReactOS scheme. Great work I would say.

If you want your creation to be known by many, you can fill a JIRA report on ReactOS JIRA page and the ReactOS team will think about it. Of course, the developers can also post their thoughts here if necessary. Hopefully this was helpful anyhow.
a.k.a. GeoB99 -- ReactOS Kernel developer -- My Wiki page
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

It reminds me of Windows98 Robotz a bit and thus I Love it. Please go on with your efforts
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
petr-akhlamov

Post by petr-akhlamov »

Looks like as Windows 98/NT4/NT5 Beta.

This is already the fourth option. Previous:
*sounds by Ghaydn - http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13003, CORE-7768
*sounds by Jobro - http://freesound.org/people/jobro/packs/15076/
*sounds by Patrick Henschke - CORE-11126

Maybe, will help youiFX-XP-Sound-Creator?
I hope what you can made full sound scheme for ReactOS...
d_dn

Post by d_dn »

Fraizeraust wrote: you can fill a JIRA report on ReactOS JIRA
It seems like i have no access to JIRA. How can i create an account?
Fraizeraust wrote:Great work I would say.
EmuandCo wrote:I Love it. Please go on with your efforts
petr-akhlamov wrote:I hope what you can made full sound scheme for ReactOS...
Thank you! :D I have a couple ideas for the rest of the sounds as well.
Fraizeraust

Post by Fraizeraust »

d_dn wrote:
Fraizeraust wrote: you can fill a JIRA report on ReactOS JIRA
It seems like i have no access to JIRA. How can i create an account?
What does it tell you when you log-in onto JIRA? Note that once you've registered your account, you have full access to all functional ReactOS services such as the forum (like you're doing now), ReactOS JIRA and etc. I could log-in to the JIRA website just fine without any warnings or such.

If you do still encounter issues during log-in then you must contact the board/JIRA administrator(s) and they'll do a investigation on your matter. When everything is fine, after that you have to create the JIRA report type as "New Feature". You can find further instructions on how to use JIRA functionalities.
a.k.a. GeoB99 -- ReactOS Kernel developer -- My Wiki page
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

I like the concept but the sounds are a little too similar for my tastes. The one thing you can say about the XP/Vista/7/8/10 startup schemes is that they are different from each other, distinct in themselves and unique whilst quite fit for the function. I still hate them though :)

Please keep producing these concepts though but please make each a little more different from each other...
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
d_dn

Post by d_dn »

Fraizeraust wrote:once you've registered your account, you have full access to all functional ReactOS services
Oh, i see now. Thanks for explanation. This is my first time in this kind of activity. i mean in software bugtracking services. Sometimes simple things are unclear to me.
LuxenDM

Post by LuxenDM »

dizt3mp3r wrote:I like the concept but the sounds are a little too similar for my tastes. The one thing you can say about the XP/Vista/7/8/10 startup schemes is that they are different from each other, distinct in themselves and unique whilst quite fit for the function. I still hate them though :)

Please keep producing these concepts though but please make each a little more different from each other...

I agree here too; the sounds are quite similar, but not distastefully so. I'd like to see your other sounds as you make them.
DGMurdockIII

Post by DGMurdockIII »

nice