Yet Another ReactOS Wallpaper Thread.

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

Raven175

Yet Another ReactOS Wallpaper Thread.

Post by Raven175 »

Hey guys, first post here, decided to try my hand at making a Windows 7 inspired(Inspired as in, not a direct rip-off but pretty damn close) wallpaper for ReactOS.

In the interest of being as futureproof as possible, I originally made it in 4k resolution, and I've also got a 1080p version. If you want a different resolution either just resize it for a quick result or lemme know if you can't do that.

I know what you're thinking, Oh boy another wallpaper thread, I can imagine people would get tired of these if they pop up a lot, but I decided to give it a go for myself. Created every single pixel of this image by hand, including the recreation of the ReactOS logo Hope you like it!

4k:
http://i.imgur.com/L5T0GJJ.jpg

1080p:
http://i.imgur.com/LzSSsQV.png
Last edited by Raven175 on Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black_Fox

Re: Yet Another ReactOS Wallpaper Thread.

Post by Black_Fox »

Nice idea, I like it! Please don't take the following points personally, I hope my critique is constructive :-)
- currently you very much copy the Win7 "splines" paths, but do them in other style that I can only describe as "too simple" - they are larger, yet have less detail of their inspiration. Could you maybe try another one - use almost identical style of those splines that the original does, but instead pick different paths for them?
- while I am a big fan of ReactOS project, the logo is too big in my opinion (as in takes up too much space, people would probably put their icons into the neutral area around borders first)
- the bottom-left corner glare is too shiny, especially when compared to the very dark top-right corner
- another idea - turn those green leaves into four-leaf clover :-)

The 4K link is dead, BTW.
Jalmari

Post by Jalmari »

Sorry for hijacking and necroposting at the same time, but I feel like this is better than creating a yet another wallpaper thread.

Here's a picture of the Helix Nebula. In addition of making our own wallpapers, stuff like this may be an option; it seems to be public domain. (link)

[ external image ]
Design is my passion
Missingno50

Re: Your five Interesting Looking at any Philadelphia Eagles

Post by Missingno50 »

Edit[Sat, Mar 24, 2018. 3:46 AM.] :Removed quote.
Edit[Sat, Mar 24, 2018. 4:04 AM.]:A report about this spam has been logged into https://paste.ee/p/h5O65 to make sure it is kept on record for later use.
Why the fuck are the Phillies being advertised on ReactOS anyways?
Last edited by Missingno50 on Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"We are going to have to act, if we want to live in a different world."
Proud owner of one semi-modern ROS compatible computer. I hope to make an industry out of selling ROS compatibles the moment 0.5.0 releases.
cernodile

Re: Your five Interesting Looking at any Philadelphia Eagles

Post by cernodile »

Missingno50 wrote:Why the fuck are the Phillies being advertised on ReactOS anyways?
It's an advertisement spam bot, I'd suggest you to remove it's quote. This bot will be dealt with once administration gets online.
My working rigs:
Dell Latitude E5430 on 0.4.9-vgal - i5-3340M, USB boot.
Partially working rigs:
Ryzen 7 3700X on B450 board - 0.4.14 boot via preinstall. USB broken.
[ external image ]
Adcock

Post by Adcock »

I think ReactOS has become very popular. ( more than ever )
So they ( bot programmers ) are targeting ReactOS forum for advertisement to get maximum coverage.
This seems like a positive sign. :D
learn_more
Developer

Post by learn_more »

Adcock wrote:I think ReactOS has become very popular. ( more than ever )
So they ( bot programmers ) are targeting ReactOS forum for advertisement to get maximum coverage.
This seems like a positive sign. :D
it's just automated crap scanning all websites.
zlm1229

Post by zlm1229 »

Raven175 wrote:Hey guys, first post here, decided to try my hand at making a Windows 7 inspired(Inspired as in, not a direct rip-off but pretty damn close) wallpaper for ReactOS.

In the interest of being as futureproof as possible, I originally made it in 4k resolution, and I've also got a 1080p version. If you want a different resolution either just resize it for a quick result or lemme know if you can't do that.

I know what you're thinking, Oh boy another wallpaper thread, I can imagine people would get tired of these if they pop up a lot, but I decided to give it a go for myself. Created every single pixel of this image by hand, including the recreation of the ReactOS logo Hope you like it!

4k:
http://i.imgur.com/L5T0GJJ.jpg

1080p:
http://i.imgur.com/LzSSsQV.png

I want you to know I like it.