Page 1 of 7

Is anyone interested in this wallpaper?

Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 11:14 am
by oldman
Is anyone interested in this wallpaper?

[ external image ]
This wallpaper is a bmp, because I found that png shows artifacts on my flat screen, that spoil it's appearance.

I have used a free image from nasa for the background and the Ros logo.

If you are interested, then I can up-load a xcf file, so that, if you want to customise and re-size it in gimp, you can.

Re: Is anyone interested in this wallpaper?

Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 12:29 pm
by Webunny
oldman wrote:Is anyone interested in this wallpaper?

[ external image ]
This wallpaper is a bmp, because I found that png shows artifacts on my flat screen, that spoil it's appearance.

I have used a free image from nasa for the background and the Ros logo.

If you are interested, then I can up-load a xcf file, so that, if you want to customise and re-size it in gimp, you can.
'Free' as in...?

Looks nice. Could/should be placed into ROS; we need a few more wallpapers; the ones we have now are few and not all that original.

Re: Is anyone interested in this wallpaper?

Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 2:28 pm
by Frontier
Images produced by NASA are public domain.

Re: Is anyone interested in this wallpaper?

Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 7:13 pm
by Black_Fox
oldman wrote:I found that png shows artifacts on my flat screen
24-/32-bit PNG is bitwise-lossless, so it should look exactly the same as the BMP, because it is the data that are in BMP, only compressed. It may have been paletted PNG (limited to a number of colors) or renamed JPG.

Re: Is anyone interested in this wallpaper?

Posted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:36 pm
by vicmarcal
Create a Enhancement Jira report, and add it to the report. That's the best way imho.

Re: Is anyone interested in this wallpaper?

Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 2:00 pm
by oldman
vicmarcal wrote:Create a Enhancement Jira report, and add it to the report. That's the best way imho.
In the image below, I have, in Jira, gone to Issues - Create Issue. Now which of the options in the drop-down list should be used, because none are 'Enhancement'. Should it be New Feature or Improvement, or have I gone to the wrong place? And should I up-load the xcf file or just a small preview, or both?

[ external image ]

Re: Is anyone interested in this wallpaper?

Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 2:35 pm
by Black_Fox
It's the "improvement" type. You definitely need to upload the file either to JIRA or to some other internet site (and then put the link into JIRA). I'm note sure whether there are many Windows tools that can open XCF format, so you can export it as PNG (the default options should create it as lossless).

Re: Is anyone interested in this wallpaper?

Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:40 pm
by oldman
Black_Fox wrote:It's the "improvement" type. You definitely need to upload the file either to JIRA or to some other internet site (and then put the link into JIRA). I'm note sure whether there are many Windows tools that can open XCF format, so you can export it as PNG (the default options should create it as lossless).
The xcf file extension is a native gimp file format. By submitting it in that, it can be easily altered (e.g 'version 0.4' could be inserted for that release) and the size can be changed for different screen sizes.

I will wait and see what vicmarcal has to say!

Planet says "cheese" for NASA's Earth Day "Global Selfie"

Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:00 pm
by tomleem
NASA photo like this one? I think this would make for a cool wallpaper. :ugeek:
http://www.gizmag.com/nasa-global-selfi ... age/32205/
[ external image ]
8-)

Re: Is anyone interested in this wallpaper?

Posted: Sat May 24, 2014 4:34 am
by vicmarcal
Oldman: Sorry, I was meaning "Improvement" type. "Enhancement" was in the old bugzilla iirc.

Re: Is anyone interested in this wallpaper?

Posted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:49 am
by Blue
This a good Windows ME style I feel.

Re: Is anyone interested in this wallpaper?

Posted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:05 am
by oldman
Up-loaded to CORE-8260 Wallpaper

Re: Is anyone interested in this wallpaper?

Posted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:32 pm
by solid_black
Webunny wrote:we need a few more wallpapers; the ones we have now are few and not all that original.
Is anyone interested in this wallpaper?

An abstract wallpaper.
[ external image ]
(click to enlarge)

Re: Is anyone interested in this wallpaper?

Posted: Mon May 26, 2014 6:48 am
by gamax92
I'll just leave these here:
[ external image ]
(Test = 40)
(Test = 41)
(Test = 20, Skip = 2)
(Test = 10, Skip = 5)
(Test = 40, Points = 10)
(Test = 500, Skip = 2, Points = 100, Flooddrop = 1)
Default Settings: Skip = 1, Points = 30, Flooddrop = 0

Its from an project I made. Draws 30 random points, and checks each 8 possible directions with a random number ( RND(1,Test) <= 10 ) and then expands it based on that.
Then after it hits 0 from 767, then it spreads out the color on non used spaces.

Free free to use, I have several ;)

Re: Is anyone interested in this wallpaper?

Posted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:43 pm
by oldman
[ external image ]
It's a nice picture, courtesy of nasa.

I thought to put the text 'ReactOS version 0.4.0', on the right, but having done it, I think the logo looks better, possible in place of the text on the right. So what do you think?

Note that nothing is set in stone, because the image I would up-load would be a gimp xcf file. Only a small image would be placed with it, just for others to see what it looked like.


@ gamax92
I looked at this (Test = 40, Points = 10) and it looks quite nice; reminded me of clouds.