Make your own ReactOS.ISO

Got a ReactOS tutorial to share? Drop it in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

Jaix
Moderator Team

Make your own ReactOS.ISO

Post by Jaix »

To fix your own build environment and connect to the SVN could sound intimidating or just difficult and something just for developers, that's not the case, I would like to help you get started fast and easy so everyone who wants can do it.

I have made two wiki-pages with step-by-step instructions on how to make your own ReactOS.ISO from the latest SVN build.

The first one is one about how to install SVN-client and get the latest build down to your computer, the second is about how to install ReactOS build environment RosBE and making the first ReactOS.ISO.

These consists of many big screenshots, so if you run modem you should think twice before klicking any of them.

http://www.reactos.org/wiki/Subversion/ ... ortoiseSVN

http://www.reactos.org/wiki/Build_Environment
Matthias

Post by Matthias »

I haven't read your tutorials, but i think that it'd be very sensible to add some Information on how to run Qemu, especially the Qemu accelerator module (kqemu). Or is there already a tutorial about that?
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

QEmu has nothing to do with building ISOs. :wink:
Good Wiki Entries. I build my ISOs that way for some time already.
ScoTTie

Post by ScoTTie »

For a lot people it would actually, infact its the best free way to run ReactOS if you dont have spare hardware (or it isnt supported).
geertvdijk

Post by geertvdijk »

to build a ROS install cd, wouldnt I only need Trunk/ReactOS?
if thats true it would cut down download time greatly...
-graey-
Fabian

Post by Fabian »

Yes of course you only need trunk to build reactos ;)
geertvdijk

Post by geertvdijk »

i mean the folder reactos inside the Trunk folder... so when you install everything according to those tutorials, C:\ros\trunk\reactos ...
-graey-
ThePhysicist
Developer

Post by ThePhysicist »

In most cases the SVN version will be the best you can have. But in some cases it won't build or not run properly, then you will have to wait another day or so. Best thing is to try the livecd (on cd-rw) before installing it. And make sure you build it with your prefered settings. You have to copy the config.template to config.xml and change the things you want, like debug = 0 or OARCH = i586 or something like that.
geertvdijk

Post by geertvdijk »

problem is, ive downloaded it all, and i restarted my pc after every install, and now when i go to startmenu>run>command OR cmd(doesnt matter)
and go to the directory where I have the sources (ros/trunk/reactos) and then enter make bootcd or make whatever, it says:
'MAKE' is not recognized as an internal or an external command, operable program or batch file.
Should I do something that isnt mentioned in the tut?
-graey-
Pharaoh_Atem

Post by Pharaoh_Atem »

geertvdijk wrote:problem is, ive downloaded it all, and i restarted my pc after every install, and now when i go to startmenu>run>command OR cmd(doesnt matter)
and go to the directory where I have the sources (ros/trunk/reactos) and then enter make bootcd or make whatever, it says:
'MAKE' is not recognized as an internal or an external command, operable program or batch file.
Well, your problem is quite obvious 8) You are using make, which does not exist in the Win32 RosBE... Instead, you must use mingw32-make to build ReactOS.... 8)
Jaix
Moderator Team

Post by Jaix »

geertvdijk wrote:problem is, ive downloaded it all, and i restarted my pc after every install, and now when i go to startmenu>run>command OR cmd(doesnt matter)
Hello, my mistake! Your problem is because I always rename mingw32-make.exe to make.exe to get it shorter, you should write mingw32-make bootcd instead of make bootcd or rename the mingw32-make.exe file in the c:\RosBE\bin to make.exe. I am so sorry for that misstake. :cry: :oops:
Imod

Post by Imod »

Hello, sorry for stupid post but I have a little problem: when I enter mingw32-make bootcd it says:
MINGW32-MAKE: ***No rule to make target 'bootcd'. Stop.

Please help me :)
10x!
Alkali

Post by Alkali »

sorry Imod, never noticed your post before. This error happens if you don't cd all the way to the reactos folder, ie "cd C:\ros\trunk\reactos" basicly you are not in the folder containing the build info. If you have in fact cd to the right folder in the command prompt, then I am stumped. Hope this helps
Coviti

Different Problem...

Post by Coviti »

When I navigate to \ros\trunk\reactos in Command Prompt, the type "mingw32-make bootcd" and press enter, I get this error:

[CC] tools\ssprintf.cpp
gcc: installation problem, cannot exec 'cc1plus': No such file or directory
mingw32-make: *** [obj-i386\tools\ssprintf.o] Error 1

I would really like some help with this; the only thing I can think of is that I somehow got the wrong version of gcc-g++?
GvG

Re: Different Problem...

Post by GvG »

Coviti wrote:the only thing I can think of is that I somehow got the wrong version of gcc-g++?
Actually it looks like you don't have gcc-g++ installed at all. I'd try re-installing it