Moderator: Moderator Team

Imod

Post by Imod »

10x for help Alkali, I will try again, but I was in C:\ros\trunk\reactos
All the same 10x!
Coviti

Third time's a charm...

Post by Coviti »

Okay... I reinstalled the whole RosBE package three times, and on the third, it worked. It appears that gcc-g++ was missing, thanks GvG.
Jon

Solving a few problems

Post by Jon »

I had the same problem with the cc1plus error, reinstalling the build environment did not help me.. I am very surprised that it worked the third time Coviti :P
In my case the react OS build environment installer merely misplaced the file, a search revealed its location as within the RosBE/libexec/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/ folder.

Another problem that I encountered was that I had other compilers installed on my machine, and Make was using parts of my other compilers rather than the react OS build environment mingw compiler... this led to cryptic compile errors. I temporarily renamed the folders in which my other compilers were situated so that the path environment variable no konger pointed to them.

hope this helps.
Coviti

Post by Coviti »

Well, the problem reappeared, and since I have Dev-C++ installed, I'll try messing with it's folders and seeing if it helps any. Thanks!
Jon

Post by Jon »

np

The problem reappeared? how the hell did that happen? :P

Dev-C++ in my case didnt add its own version of MinGW to the path environment variable so you should be ok with that, it was my DJGPP compiler and possibly NASM that messed me up :P
Shadowmeph

Re: Make your own ReactOS.ISO

Post by Shadowmeph »

I know this is an old post but both links lead to dead pages
gabrielilardi
Moderator Team

Post by gabrielilardi »

Shadowmeph wrote:I know this is an old post but both links lead to dead pages
See the ReactOS Build Environment wiki page.
Linuxgamer94

Post by Linuxgamer94 »

Not to be rude but there is no vesrion for Linux or mac users to do this.
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

Sure there is, RoSBE should work there as well: http://reactos.org/development/build-environment
AmineKhaldi
Developer

Post by AmineKhaldi »

Linuxgamer94 wrote:Not to be rude but there is no vesrion for Linux or mac users to do this.
Despite the fact that it's against the rules to revive old topics, you also failed to read the very last reply where Gabriel kindly posted a link that explicitly has a "Unix and Linux" section with the "ReactOS Build Environment for Unix-compatible Operating Systems Version 2.1".

Please, Linuxgamer94. Your behavior here in this topic, and in all the ReactOS forums in general is quite rude. Please respect that this is the official ReactOS forum, created for the ReactOS Community, to discuss matters relevant to ReactOS and ReactOS only. Constantly bringing up/talking about Linux is not what this forum about, is not in the proper context and is disrespectful to many of us.

We try to keep up with the forum activity, but having to deal with posts/replies like yours is not quite motivating, and a complete waste of time.