VIDEO: Install ReactOS to VirtualBox with Networking Support

Got a ReactOS tutorial to share? Drop it in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

techtalk

VIDEO: Install ReactOS to VirtualBox with Networking Support

Post by techtalk »

YouTube video (link below) discusses how to setup ReactOS with Networking Support in Virtual Box, quickly and easily. It takes you step by step without a lot of fluff, you'll be up and running in 15-20 min.

Link to the YouTube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHRPEEbtjNU
Jedi-to-be

Re: VIDEO: Install ReactOS to VirtualBox with Networking Support

Post by Jedi-to-be »

Nice video! Thank you!
techtalk

Post by techtalk »

Jedi-to-be wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:24 am Nice video! Thank you!
You are most welcome! I'm glad it was helpful or at least interesting to watch. I added another last weekend on installing ReactOS onto a Synology NAS or I what I prefer to call a Home Server (if interested, link here). It can be used for streaming video/photos as well as hosting ReactOS within a Virtual Machine. I'll have more videos coming, subscribe if you want to see the latest stuff. Never know what I'll make a video about next -sometimes I don't even know until the day before :)
techtalk

Post by techtalk »

Just a side note: this tutorial works with any release of ReactOS.
techtalk

Post by techtalk »

Qusell wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:50 am Thanks it's very helpfull tutorial!
You're very welcome, I'm glad it was helpful for you!
Manoel

Post by Manoel »

Hi everyone,
i´m newer with React OS, i watched the video and followed all steps, but the initializing the virtual machine presents an error with the virtual disk, all the installation ran similar to the video, the drivers were recognized and installed. What should i do? thanks a lot
techtalk

Post by techtalk »

Manoel wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:48 pm Hi everyone,
i´m newer with React OS, i watched the video and followed all steps, but the initializing the virtual machine presents an error with the virtual disk, all the installation ran similar to the video, the drivers were recognized and installed. What should i do? thanks a lot
What was the error on the Virtual Disk creation? My guess, not enough disk space but I'd need to know what error it was to be more helpful.
techtalk

Post by techtalk »

Manoel wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:48 pm Hi everyone,
Instead of going with the Nightly build, try with the currently released version 0.4.10. I tried the nightly build tonight and ran into issues as well. Let me know if 0.4.10 works for you, I'd be interested in knowing.
DivergentDroid

Post by DivergentDroid »

The video above doesn't work for me, nor does it work for the man who made the video above. I had a conversation with him and he's having the same issue with this build. You can see the conversation if you click on the video and look for my name. The problem we are having is The OS will run without guest additions but the C drive reports that all space on the dynamic disk is taken up by the OS which should not be possible, the OS is tiny. I'm using the Official 0.4.11. I have the nightly from yesterday but haven't tried it yet. Figured the official would be more stable. I'm using the latest virtualbox 6.0.4 and use an AMD Ryzen 5 1600 processor. I'm giving the OS 2 GB for the dynamic disk and then try to install Firefox from the repos. C drive takes up 1,85 gigs and the Free disk space is 123 MB. The fellow in the video tried it too and ran into the same problem. Any idea whats happening? I am using a Ryzen 5 1600 processor in a windows 10 host.
oldman

Post by oldman »

You would have been better making this post in Support and then linking to this topic.

There is an issue with VirtualBox 6.0.4, which is nothing to do with ReactOS; see https://jira.reactos.org/browse/CORE-15697
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.