How to run HTML5 Video on ReactOS

Got a ReactOS tutorial to share? Drop it in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

Chompjil

How to run HTML5 Video on ReactOS

Post by Chompjil »

I have found a way to run HTML5 Videos on ReactOS!
1.Install SVN version of ReactOS
2.Install Firefox26+
3.Go to youtube.com/html5 and start the HTML5 trial
4.Go to a video and watch it
http://youtu.be/CZ2q17IycsQ
Full video on it
jonaspm

Re: How to run HTML5 Video on ReactOS

Post by jonaspm »

Nice! Good job! i hope Google Chrome also works with HTML5 to attract Windows users to ReactOS :)

I am a follower of NetSurf... even if it's Windows version is not yet that cool hehe...
www.netsurf-browser.org
Chompjil

Post by Chompjil »

Now is there anywhere else I can report this HTML5 video running to? A bug report maybe? Or is tutorial section good enough
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Should do it for now. Anyways... Getting flash to run properly still needs to be done
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
Chompjil

Post by Chompjil »

hey guys I got an HD version :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z9aH3spYjk
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Chompjil wrote:Now is there anywhere else I can report this HTML5 video running to? A bug report maybe? Or is tutorial section good enough
Yup you can report to the "Community" blog section if you want the video to be included into it.
I am the guy adding your "Community" efforts, so feel free to contact me via PM in case you made other videos.
If you want I can promote this one to a blogpost, if you want to include a small comment about which FF version is, if using your real name of your nickname, etc...drop here some words about it so I can include it to my TODO list (or better through PM) :) I promise to go towards it asap.
Thanks a lot!
Webunny

Post by Webunny »

vicmarcal wrote:
Chompjil wrote:Now is there anywhere else I can report this HTML5 video running to? A bug report maybe? Or is tutorial section good enough
Yup you can report to the "Community" blog section if you want the video to be included into it.
I am the guy adding your "Community" efforts, so feel free to contact me via PM in case you made other videos.
If you want I can promote this one to a blogpost, if you want to include a small comment about which FF version is, if using your real name of your nickname, etc...drop here some words about it so I can include it to my TODO list (or better through PM) :) I promise to go towards it asap.
Thanks a lot!
I thought this one was pretty interesting/funny to see as well. And I particular liked his little rhyme at the start. ;-)

Even if it's about 0.3.14, it would still be a good showcase for how an ordinary user reacts to ROS. Note how she searches for a browser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0STc959JuSg

It's made by someone else though, so I guess one can't just put it as a blogpart, which is a pity.

Unless the creator of that vid is still around, on the forum, and speaks up. ;-p