ninja
will build everything

Code: Select all

ninja bootcd
will build everything and create a bootcd

Code: Select all

ninja livecd
will build everything and create a livecd
Well, what I want is none is these, but a command that puts in some directory the file tree that would end up in the c:\reactos if I installed the operating system from the bootcd. It would help if you had read what I wrote before trying to "respond"...
In other word, instead of creating the reactos.cab file, there should be a way to put the files in a separate directory.
When the RBuild was used, one could run "make install" to do this, but nowadays "ninja install" does not exist!

That way I could run the operating system in real hardware without risking my HD partition configuration through the text-mode setup program!
But that's just my preference... I'm not going to get angry if you tell me that there's no way to do this... :-) However, some time ago it was in fact possible.

JJ
joao.jeronimo.89

Re: How to build ROS from now on

Post by joao.jeronimo.89 »

joao.jeronimo.89 wrote:That way I could run the operating system in real hardware without risking my HD partition configuration through the text-mode setup program!
But that's just my preference... I'm not going to get angry if you tell me that there's no way to do this... :-) However, some time ago this was in fact possible.
This way it makes it difficult to test the OS in real hardware.

JJ
DAC324

Post by DAC324 »

Hello,

thank you very much for this nice tutorial! I was able to build a ReactOS boot CD from SVN, everything went smoothly.

But there is one problem: There seem to be no drivers at all included! The Find New Hardware wizard does not work and it is not possible to manually choose any drivers since there do not seem to be any drivers present.

Kind regards,
DAC324
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

We build some drivers with the source. The basic ones. And due to the fact that the CD only contains stuff you built, there are only the few drivers we made ourselves. If you need other drivers and are brave enough to test em... you have to manually copy them to the right spots. Some basic sound drivers are inside RApps Downloader, too.

Fetch some sound or LAN drivers for Windows XP or Server 2003 and tear them apart.

.exe and .dll files go to ReactOS\system32
.inf files go to ReactOS\inf
.sys files go to ReactOS\system32\drivers

Good luck
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
Pi_User5

Post by Pi_User5 »

Some basic sound drivers are inside RApps Downloader, too.
I know most drivers are proprietary, but I was wondering if we could add more drivers to RAPPS.
I use ReactOS on real hardware. Will you? My Computers: https://www.reactos.org/wiki/PC_ROS_Rigs Go all the way to the bottom.

[ external image ]
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

If you find working drivers, just make a Jira report about it and I will add em.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
Pi_User5

Post by Pi_User5 »

If you find working drivers, just make a Jira report about it and I will add em.
https://jira.reactos.org/browse/CORE-9409
More to be added soon.
I use ReactOS on real hardware. Will you? My Computers: https://www.reactos.org/wiki/PC_ROS_Rigs Go all the way to the bottom.

[ external image ]
uppusaikiran

Post by uppusaikiran »

https://youtu.be/v04KbT0dh2E guys do check this ,it is a good tutorial on reactos
oldman

Post by oldman »

by uppusaikiran » Mon May 04, 2015 9:26 pm - Writing the first ReactOS application.
https://youtu.be/v04KbT0dh2E
https://youtu.be/v04KbT0dh2E
by uppusaikiran » Wed May 06, 2015 8:30 am - How to build ROS from now on
You have now posted the very same link twice, in two different threads; are you desperate for people to see it?
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Sidenote, I was very close to remove all of the posts. ONE link is enough

Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

13 currently :-) Half of his/her posts :-D
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Not anymore... + a 7 day ban!

sedt

Post by sedt »

Great tutorial, but how can I add patch-files for recompilation of ROS?
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

sedt wrote:Great tutorial, but how can I add patch-files for recompilation of ROS?
You should use SVN to create or apply patches to the source code of ReactOS.