[Official]Join the PR Team [/Official]

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

vicmarcal
Test Team

[Official]Join the PR Team [/Official]

Post by vicmarcal »

Hi Community!!
As you have seen, the ReactOS project is considering the possibility of creating an Official PR Team.There is a true effort to create one.
/* Seems they have heard our claims ;) */
The work of a PR Team is invaluable: It can attract devs, testers and finally users. But also it helps to track the ReactOS Community sense&feels.

I know there are really cool PR guys around. People who have asked to create a PR team since ages. Even guys creating their own Blogs and Facebook pages...So it's time to join efforts in a coordinated way! :)

This is an official call to create a PR Team.
If anyone wants to join, please PM me the following details:
-Your nickname
-Your country.
-Main Language and other languages you know.
-Skills: From Html to Play music. Anything is important :)
-Availability: From "occasional" to "daily". Be sincere.
-IMPORTANT:A PR idea you want to work on. Describe it as best as possible.

And if you want to include a joke at the end feel free to do so. I know it's not really useful but It'll make me smile from time to time while reading all the PMs. :)

These details wont be shared and they're just used with two main objectives: Creating a list of potential tasks to be done and creating a list with potential members.

If you have any doubts feel free to contact me or just drop it here!

Thanks a lot!Let's PReact!

DOSGuy

Re: [Official]Join the PR Team [/Official]

Post by DOSGuy »

I'm in, as long as "Let's PReact" is never used again. :P
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article. Get free DOS, Windows and OS/2 games at RGB Classic Games.

ArmyMan007

Post by ArmyMan007 »

DOSGuy wrote:I'm in, as long as "Let's PReact" is never used again. :P
Same here! XD
ReactOS - Open Your Windows to Freedom

Murmur

Post by Murmur »

About time, I am glad we were able to push this.

PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

Count me in.

g_hansrueck

Post by g_hansrueck »

Very , very glad to hear this. In my opinion it was LONG overdue.
Will this team have any special rights to take direct action ? Or will it just channel ideas how to promote ReactOS ?

It would be very important to know if you guys are empowered to do something directly because IMO only that fact would make you really "official". It also would be great to know what you say is binding .

Regards ,
ghans

PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

That is the status on the PR Team?

vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Hi!
This is the last week to join the team.Next week,during the December meeting, I will share and we'll begin doing some works :)

hto
Developer

Post by hto »

[color=#00CC33]vicmarcal[/color] wrote: Next week, during the December meeting, I will share and we'll begin doing some works :)
(1) Will you, in the future, conduct your own meetings, or it will be joint meetings with the Dev Team? And (2) if the members of the PR Team will have some different color here on the forum, then which color will you choose?

ArmyMan007

Post by ArmyMan007 »

hto wrote:if the members of the PR Team will have some different color here on the forum, then which color will you choose?
I think purple or "dark green" would suit well with the PR team... our purpose IS to be connected with the community, and what better way could be then to give us "dark", "unhappy" colors? :D

vicmarcal
Test Team

Re:

Post by vicmarcal »

hto wrote: (1) Will you, in the future, conduct your own meetings, or it will be joint meetings with the Dev Team? And (2) if the members of the PR Team will have some different color here on the forum, then which color will you choose?
Well really I was designated to be the reference guy in order to inform about the creation of this PR Team.So I can just suggest a potential answer/solution for these questions but they shouldnt be taken as an official or must-be-this-way answer.

1)In this early stage we need a good coordination with the General Team which can be done through the Monthly meetings.This ensures a proper feedback.But also we will need an internal PR Team coordination which will be done through maybe a SubForum or PMs/Emails. As the team grows we can move this internal coordinatiom to IRC or Monthly Meetings.

2)First we 'll need to know which colors are available.And afterwards we(PR team members)'ll choose one of those :)

Of course suggestions or advises are accepted :)

fred02

Post by fred02 »

ArmyMan007 wrote:
hto wrote:if the members of the PR Team will have some different color here on the forum, then which color will you choose?
I think purple or "dark green" would suit well with the PR team... our purpose IS to be connected with the community, and what better way could be then to give us "dark", "unhappy" colors? :D
I'd suggest "sunny yellow" to communicate happiness and joy :P , but it may be too close to the developers' orange.
On the other hand colours may not stay the same in the new forum.

ArmyMan007

Post by ArmyMan007 »

fred02 wrote:
ArmyMan007 wrote:
I'd suggest "sunny yellow" to communicate happiness and joy :P , but it may be too close to the developers' orange.
On the other hand colours may not stay the same in the new forum.
Couldn't agree more with a "sunny yellow"... that would be just perfect! :-)
Or how about "mystic white"? That would be nice XD

Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Note that there are things that need to be worked out internally before the PR team can go active.

PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

vicmarcal wrote:Hi!
This is the last week to join the team.Next week,during the December meeting, I will share and we'll begin doing some works :)
I hope I included all that you needed in the PM.