Bigger taskbar

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

jonaspm

Bigger taskbar

Post by jonaspm »

How about changing the old small taskbar, to a some bigger one...

i´m saying this because i think the classic one is something small for using and opening windows and applications...

I mean something like the Windows 7 taskbar wich is fine.

What do you think? :)

PurpleGurl

Re: Bigger taskbar

Post by PurpleGurl »

Once Reactos reaches a good point and the themes support is stable, you can use whatever shell you want.

Sof_T

Post by Sof_T »

If it was an option it would be okay. On a widescreen laptop I like every little bit of screen space I can get, having a chunk of the screen hogged by something of little value like a taskbar, especially Windows 7's latest monster would be a backwards step for me.

jonaspm

Post by jonaspm »

i mean that the deafult style of the taskbar, should be bigger.

Right now im using windows 7 with the classic Windows 95 theme and it looks pretty good with the big taskbar, it is easy to click on each task and the look is really good even being Windows 7 with old theme.

So, by walking into the future, it could be a great feature in ReactOS, because the OS will evolve into something BIG! but you can´t lag on Windows Xp, the technology is walking and you should too.

And ReactOS doesn´t really need to be exactly the same as windows, it can do some changes to make it easier to use and more attractive, so people will come and donate, download, help, report bugs, create notes, reviews, news, everything...

jeje sorry for this long text... i´m mexican and i don´t have a good english :S