Congratulations.

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Z98
Release Engineer

Re: Congratulations.

Post by Z98 »

The timeline/budget claim was, stretching things a bit.
FORCE

Post by FORCE »

finally, ReactOS can rise and wipe uncle Ballmer to dust, before i afraid that project was dead but now things gets really interesting and i hope super development will launch. I hope ReactOS completes much faster than windows because ReactOS is plain clean os without gazillion ton of crap (.net, mediaplayer, moviemakers, other big crap) so less time for coding.

Current fine alternative FOSS op system was Ubuntu but still Ubuntu is full of crap too like different programming languages and Pythons and....lot of crap. World needs ultralight clean os written ONLY in c c++
jcalvarez

Post by jcalvarez »

Well, there have been plenty of posts in the past criticizing the project for poor marketing, publicity etc, so here we go, this is a big improvement, even if the truth is stretched a bit :)

Well done!
SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

I'm glad this got in to Slashdot. Probably good timing too with all this "Windows 8 Windows 8 Windows 8 Windows 8" hype going on right now :roll: (Look at that Windows 8 stuff and tell me who is stretching what now.)
fred02

Post by fred02 »

jcalvarez wrote:"The system's developers say it runs all Windows programs, but is much faster than its Microsoft equivalent."

That's a scary statement...

JC
Indeed. I fear that having such kind of statements so prominently under the picture can make a disservice to ROS at this stage, when the developers have repeatedly stated that the code is not optimised and so much thing are missing.
But journalists just have to have these "catchy" headlines. :|
sh4ring4n

Post by sh4ring4n »

Waits for slashdot effect...
The cake is a lie!
Pesho

Post by Pesho »

jcalvarez wrote: That's a scary statement...
Don't worry, i'm sure Medvedev has already forgotten everything about ReactOS by now :lol:
fred02

Post by fred02 »

Pesho wrote:
Don't worry, i'm sure Medvedev has already forgotten everything about ReactOS by now :lol:
Then let remind him: http://eng.letters.kremlin.ru :mrgreen:

P.S. Actually may be not. Are these the pictures of the demo: http://eng.news.kremlin.ru/media/events ... d329b.jpeg , http://eng.news.kremlin.ru/media/events ... 355f9.jpeg ?