Themes support is in da house

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

igorko
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:12 pm

Themes support is in da house

Post by igorko » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:56 am

Here are some screenshots from latest rev (r53336) of Theme Support GSOC branch. Very very big "Thanks and Awesome and <put you thanksgiving here>" goes to Giannis Adamopoulos (known on IRC as Smiley1) for his work.

Image

Image

Image

How to get it? Easy!!!

Get iso, get some theme from here for example and put theme inside the ReactOS/Recources/Themes/ folder. Enjoy.

Latest iso with integrated theme(don't worry, not that from screenshots ;) ) is HERE

Please use 32 BIT colors for best results and please REPORT any issues here in this topic. Help do make it more cool faster.
Last edited by igorko on Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gonzoMD
Posts: 1020
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:49 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Themes support is in da house

Post by gonzoMD » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:24 pm

aaaaaaaaawesome, thanks Giannis!!! Keep up your great Work.

Is the unthemed Taskbar caused by old explorer code or is it just unimplemented?

Pisarz
Posts: 375
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 9:29 am

Re: Themes support is in da house

Post by Pisarz » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:11 pm

Won't work on VirtualBox. Got two BSOD's and FreeLoader error.

igorko
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:12 pm

Re: Themes support is in da house

Post by igorko » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:22 pm

gonzoMD wrote: Is the unthemed Taskbar caused by old explorer code or is it just unimplemented?
I think it's because old Explorer doesn't support theming.

Btw i found bug: After getting taskbar context menu system becames unusable.I can't make any choice in menu and can't move mouse focus to anything else (Desktop icons, Start button etc).

igorko
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:12 pm

Re: Themes support is in da house

Post by igorko » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:27 pm

Image
Another bug

Zc456
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:42 pm

Re: Themes support is in da house

Post by Zc456 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:18 pm

Yes! Yes! Yes! Oh, Luna how I missed you.
Stay frosty, Squeaks.

okktaviuz
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:50 pm

Re: Themes support is in da house

Post by okktaviuz » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:00 pm

not working for me for some reason
mouse and keyboard freezes and i can't just HIT the Next button

Saibamen
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:19 am
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Themes support is in da house

Post by Saibamen » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:03 pm

@up: don't install with ACPI :)
ReactOS Forum Global Moderator
IT-Maniak.pl administrator

cruonit
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:57 am

Re: Themes support is in da house

Post by cruonit » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:15 pm

niceeee, Pisrz announced that he is implementing the "reactOS Elegant Black concept"
new revision: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4527369/Koncept ... t_rev4.png (compatible with reactos features)
old one: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4527369/ROS_Concept_rev3.png (i hope someday)

http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=9293

a great mix between ubuntu and vista.

sh4ring4n
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:05 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Themes support is in da house

Post by sh4ring4n » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:34 am

How would I integrate a theme onto Reactos?

EDIT: Found it! looks like someone posted it on the first post
Last edited by sh4ring4n on Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The cake is a lie!

EmuandCo
Developer
Posts: 4323
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:52 pm
Location: Germany, Bavaria, Steinfeld
Contact:

Re: Themes support is in da house

Post by EmuandCo » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:46 am

I will investigate in this later that day. Afaik we don't have the needed folder in our cd creation list.
Image
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

Sof_T
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:46 pm

Re: Themes support is in da house

Post by Sof_T » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:06 pm

igorko wrote: Latest iso with integrated theme(don't worry, not that from screenshots ;) ) is HERE

Please use 32 BIT colors for best results and please REPORT any issues here in this topic. Help do make it more cool faster.
I've tried the download with themes included on virtualbox, I didn't get as far as attempting to change themes as my usb mouse didn't work (not that I expected it to) What I found a little strange was during the first start set up the theming is already in place for the window borders etc, however the buttons for each dialogue didn't get fully themed, the focused button in each case was themed and the unfocused ones were drawn as usual. Not sure if this is due to the particular theme or something else, away for the weekend so no chance to play for a few more days with a proper mouse. Great to see the progress here though.

Smiley
Developer
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:36 pm

Re: Themes support is in da house

Post by Smiley » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:09 pm

Sof_T wrote:
igorko wrote: Latest iso with integrated theme(don't worry, not that from screenshots ;) ) is HERE

Please use 32 BIT colors for best results and please REPORT any issues here in this topic. Help do make it more cool faster.
I've tried the download with themes included on virtualbox, I didn't get as far as attempting to change themes as my usb mouse didn't work (not that I expected it to) What I found a little strange was during the first start set up the theming is already in place for the window borders etc, however the buttons for each dialogue didn't get fully themed, the focused button in each case was themed and the unfocused ones were drawn as usual. Not sure if this is due to the particular theme or something else, away for the weekend so no chance to play for a few more days with a proper mouse. Great to see the progress here though.
This is a known bug due to wine's user32/comctl32 code

Sof_T
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:46 pm

Re: Themes support is in da house

Post by Sof_T » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:20 am

I didn't know that but it makes a lot of sense, thanks Smiley.

Shinobu Maehara
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:44 pm

Re: Themes support is in da house

Post by Shinobu Maehara » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:30 am

What is the general architecture of the theme system?
While I recognise that many nice Windows themes exist, in the future we may want to do more advanced things than is possible with Windows' theme engine, and I wondered how extensible ReactOS's theme engine is.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest