I want to be a translator.

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Zeusking19

I want to be a translator.

Post by Zeusking19 »

I am good at using forums, can edit source code for translation and wants a ReactOS job :p
[ external image ] [ external image ]
Who said the greeks didnt have electronics? - Zeusking19
Zeusking19

Re: I want to be a translator.

Post by Zeusking19 »

I added the translator Banner...
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

Hiya

Please read the appropriate section of http://www.reactos.org/wiki/Welcome_to_ ... pment_Wiki. The module translation list is bit outdated, i`ll try to verify it soon. You need a recent SVN checkout of our source trunk, as well as RosBE, and any editor of your choice, which is properly supporting UTF-8 encoding. The typical procedure is:
- locating a module that lacks your language localisation, or simply is not fully translated;
- checking if its not autosynchronized with Wine (usually if a module has Lang directory with localisation files, it is ours.
- translating it
- building it to check if your changes didnt break anything
- creating patch
- commiting a bugreport, with summary "TRANSLATION: modulename: language" with your patch attached.

You need to get familiar with building ReactOS and creating patches - both are quite easy.

What language you wish to translate ReactOS to?

If you have any questions you can post them here or on our irc channel.
gabrielilardi
Moderator Team

Post by gabrielilardi »

Zeusking19 wrote:I am good at using forums, can edit source code for translation and wants a ReactOS job :p
What's your mother tongue? It seems it's not French according to your translation, too many errors. It has already been reported by Hervé. You cannot translate to French if it's not your mother tongue, unless you know it very well (almost at a native level) which seems not to be the case. Looking forward for your reply.
nicamarvin2005

Post by nicamarvin2005 »

my native tong its Spanish and English as second and I could not for my life translated word to word, because I learned English as I did Spanish, with friends, school, girlfriends. I graduated from Ogden High School in 1999. to make it short, don't judge if he is native or not he is probably a native speaker but not a school teacher grammar level... ;)
gabrielilardi
Moderator Team

Post by gabrielilardi »

nicamarvin2005 wrote:don't judge if he is native or not he is probably a native speaker but not a school teacher grammar level... ;)
Suspicion is that the translation was computer made rather than human. I didn't judge this myself as I'm not that confident in French, but a native speaker which is a ReactOS developer. Italian is not my mother tongue, nonetheless I've translated the website and OS and didn't get a complain so far...
Zeusking19

Post by Zeusking19 »

English is my mother tounge. Anyhow, I know I wont get the job. Anyway, is there anything else I can help with.... I am bored staring at the site and seeing what fun you guys are getting.
gonzoMD

Post by gonzoMD »

you can test, at the wiki we have a testing central, where some apps will be tested and checked for regressions.
you can test other apps too and post them into appDB there are some apps that weren't reported since 0.2.x series.
Maybe this apps will work now and you can help to get the appDB more yellow and green than black and red as now.
Zeusking19

Post by Zeusking19 »

Great! I will test the sims 3 and I will file a report.