ReactOS Event: LINUXTAG 2011(Berlin)

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

vicmarcal
Test Team

ReactOS Event: LINUXTAG 2011(Berlin)

Post by vicmarcal » Tue May 10, 2011 2:24 pm

A new event is approaching!!
ReactOS is going to be shown at LinuxTAG 2011 which will take place in Berlin from May 11 to 14, at the ICC.
During this year ReactOS has been presented in 5 different events: The Chemnitzer LinuxTage(Germany), ISIMA (France), IslaCristina TechDays(Spain), Imaginatica2011(Spain) and now LinuxTAG2011(Germany).It means an event each month: not a bad statistic. ReactOS has beaten all its records!

Hopefully, during this summer, the ReactOS Team will be enjoying some peace and rest, or maybe not, as the GSOC program will be demanding all the ReactOS Devs(and no-Devs)help.

Matthias, a ReactOS German dev, has been the main contact to coordinate ReactOS presence at LinuxTag. He has made (and is still doing) an invaluable work during these weeks. Thanks to Matthias the presence in the LinuxTag has turned into a reality!
In the booth,the visitors will find Aleksey Bragin(Project Coordinator), Matthias Kupfer(Developer), Daniel Reimer(Developer) and Victor Martinez(Contributor) trying to solve all their doubts.
If you are in Berlin those days, or you have planned to trip to this marvellous city don't forget to visit our booth there!
We'll have Wifi so who knows if we suddenly decide to Stream a little? ;)
Keep following this Topic for all the updates: photos, videos, and other surprises...
As we can't share the fantastic taste of german b33rs, we'll try at least to bring some of the flavour of this enormous event(120 projects, 300 presentations and +10.000 visitors) to the ReactOS Forum!

Join us at LinuxTag!!You can't miss this opportunity!

vicmarcal
Test Team

Re: ReactOS Event: LINUXTAG 2011(Berlin)

Post by vicmarcal » Thu May 12, 2011 1:23 am

**DAY 1**

My flight was leaving Malaga quite early this morning, at 6AM.It was such early that I forgot my laptop in the Passengers Control!.I discovered the lost when I was about to board: I felt my suitcase (the laptop was in) quite light,I opened and surprise!It was not there.I ran as mad and after answering some questions...voila!It was there!And another run!Yeah..6 AM in the morning and vicmarcal jogging in the airport! A perfect plan!
I arrived at 11AM to the Berlin Schönefeld Airport.It's funny to arrive to a country which language you don't know at all.In the airport all was translated to English, but behind the Airport doors real life was expecting!
Now, the first quest: Finding the proper train to reach the Hotel. Dunno how, but I arrived quite well to the Hotel.There were other turists but...all were German ones. Berlin seems to be a pretty nice city, in the train one thought crossed my mind: Is Berlin a city in the forest?or is the forest in Berlin?It's pretty awesome to see the houses hidden among tall trees everywhere,even multilayered( I mean, multi-floor-ed)buildings.Green,Green and more Green.I love it.

Then I unpacked the suitcase and took another train to the ICC. Again, pretty straightforward and no loses in the way(well, I lost 1 euro which become into a nice,crunchy, German croissant).

I arrived at 13:30 and Matthias was quite tired.He was here totally alone yesterday and today morning, so I am the first reinforcement. Meanwhile he was taking a more-than-deserved break, some German guys began asking me about ReactOS. A Spanish guy talking in English to a German guy talking in English.The experience didn't go bad, and soon there was a small 3 person group around the ReactOS PC.

I had to solve several doubts and questions to the visitors, which means Matthias was busy answering others at the same time. I had some work so it means we have several visitors around.
Some booths were selling their Distro ISOs and other merchandising stuff but we are giving them away for free, should we begin doing the same?
I have carried some pin caps with me, maybe we can do the experiment tomorrow...jk...or not?

6PM arrived quite fast, I left at 6:15 meanwhile Matthias was finishing some stuff there...

I arrived to the hotel, had a nice shower...and then I visited a little the city. Did I say it is really beautiful?It is. I had a Kebab, there are a lot of Kebab restaurants around my hotel.And I feel as a real tourist taking some photos of the hotel nearby streets. I will add some of them..why not?

At 10PM I joined a Gtalk chat with Fireball, he is coming to my hotel tomorrow morning and we have to coordinate us a little. Tomorrow we'll be 3, it begins looking as a team ;)

I am really falling to the floor, I am too tired.It is easy to understand, I have been awake for about 18 hours.Time flies so fast!
It`s time to crawl to the bed.
Happy and tired night!

bugboy
Developer

Post by bugboy » Thu May 12, 2011 1:54 am

Vic,

Nice to hear status. Keep up the good work!

Mjmartin

fred02

Post by fred02 » Thu May 12, 2011 9:23 am

Always a pleasure to read your reports, thank you very much!
And all the best for today.