Win32 WINE-Binaries

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

theuserbl

Win32 WINE-Binaries

Post by theuserbl »

Arwinss trys to bring some WINE-parts direct to ReactOS.

But if you want to run the normal WINE on ReactOS, there existing since 2010 again Win32 packages of WINE:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wine/fi ... 0Packages/

I was surprised, that it exits again.
Before I have only seen the very outdated 0.9.x packages from 2006. And now I am surprised, that there existing new Win32 packages of WINE. And they are the newest one.
Since April, 15th 2011 version 1.3.18 is out. And the Windows package you can find at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wine/fi ... 2/download

Greatings
theuserbl

nicamarvin2005

Re: Win32 WINE-Binaries

Post by nicamarvin2005 »

Wow nice find, do you still need to compile using Cygwin? have you tried?

livestrong2109

Post by livestrong2109 »

:roll: this is pointless Arwiniss does a much better job of linking the wine subsystem to the RoS kernel. If your running wine inside of RoS your simply creating redundant instances of the same files without any of the advancements in adopting it to the RoS Kernel... Its very doubtful you would see any improvement at all verses running apps in RoS.
Wesley Howard
ROS Contributor - Web Developer

nicamarvin2005

Post by nicamarvin2005 »

this is pointless Arwiniss does a much better job of linking the wine subsystem to the RoS kernel.
true.. but some apps that work fine in Reactos and Wine have not worked on Arwinss... :cry:

fred02

Post by fred02 »

nicamarvin2005 wrote:
this is pointless Arwiniss does a much better job of linking the wine subsystem to the RoS kernel.
true.. but some apps that work fine in Reactos and Wine have not worked on Arwinss... :cry:
Good! It means an Arwinss-specific bug. If you remember the app, please fill a bug report, so it can be fixed. :!: