Fix of the Week

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Maribo63_4

Re: Fix of the Week

Post by Maribo63_4 »

OK, i have to say:
I was plain wrong. :)
This API-Call exists in Vista+. It has nothing to do with x64 Architecture of Windows.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... s.85).aspx

Microsoft implemented it for systems, that run a loooong time without restart. It's the same thing as the "year 2038 Problem". :D
gonzoMD wrote: But if you download a 32 bit installation of FF, why the hell does it expect a 64 bit Function exported?
maybe FF is recognizing ReactOS as NT6.0 not as NT5.2? :?
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

How to explain this, GetTickCount64 is not some exclusive 64bit only function. It returns a 64bit value, which 32bit code is perfectly capable of storing and using.
Maribo63_4

Post by Maribo63_4 »

Z98 wrote:How to explain this, GetTickCount64 is not some exclusive 64bit only function. It returns a 64bit value, which 32bit code is perfectly capable of storing and using.
That's what I meant ;) I tested it today and realized, that Microsoft did this "to identify bugs that might not occur until the system has been running for a long time" <-- MSDN. So in laymans Terms: "we make a 64bit return value to prevent (arithmetic)overflows".
gonzoMD

Post by gonzoMD »

Thomas Faber wrote:[NTOSKRNL] - Return process pool quota on free - Do not use POOL_QUOTA_FAIL_INSTEAD_OF_RAISE on non-quota allocations - Welcome back, device installation wizard CORE-7459 #resolve
Bye Bye NPFS Regression
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Well... regression^^
Lets call it revealed hidden bug.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
gonzoMD

Post by gonzoMD »

EmuandCo wrote:Well... regression^^
Lets call it revealed hidden bug.
A function that worked before a change, but doesn't after the change is a regression imo.
The revealed hidden bug is the cause of the regression :P Ätschibätsch

but this doesn't matter, devwiz is back and everything is fine
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Thats the spirit ^^
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
blumoon94

Post by blumoon94 »

So I was wondering about the DLLs that are swappable. I have been experimenting with them and mixing/matching different ones. Can anybody give me a rundown of what DLLs do what and what they need from each other. And also how they relate to things like winlogon.exe, crss.exe, smss.exe, etc?
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

It'd be faster for you to just read MSDN than wait for an answer here.
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

And it's not the good forum topic you were looking for...
blumoon94

Post by blumoon94 »

Okay. That will work. Just wanted to let everyone know that I was able to get some Windows 7 DLLs to work with ReactOS as well. I don't know if that means much though. Also the Windows 7 userinit.exe works well too.
gonzoMD

Post by gonzoMD »

Pierre Schweitzer wrote:[NTOSKRNL] - Finally fully implement FstubVerifyPartitionTableEFI(). It is capable of fixing a GPT disk. - Fix implementation of FstubReadHeaderEFI() (which returns a pointer to the header). Fixed all the other functions accordingly. Note that you have to be careful when using Disk->Buffer. You can easily read a buffer that doesn't contain your data anylonger. - Fix implementation of FstubReadPartitionTableEFI(). It was improperly dealing with the backup table. Now, it will look for it and replace/recreate it if not found where expected. - Fix implementation of FstubWriteEntryEFI(). The computation of memory placement was wrong, and thus it was missing partitions and causing corruption. Thank you checksums! In case you format a disk with GPT using Linux (with GParted, for instance), don't be surprised if once started with ReactOS your GPT is modified, and especially its backup table moved. They don't have the same sector counts. It was a nice way to tests whether ReactOS properly write GPT. Which it does now :-).
I think after many weeks w/o FOTW this is a good candidate. (I thought to take the psapi one at first but then I read Partition and I knew that this is the chosen one :p)
BrentNewland

Post by BrentNewland »

I think next week's will be fixing the Explorer shell copy bugs. Those have been around for years and result in data loss, so that will be a big improvement.
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

SVN wrote: akhaldi r61117 trunk/reactos/base/applications/cmdutils/ (131 files in 16 dirs) * http://svn.reactos.org/svn/reactos?view ... sion=61117
[CMDUTILS]
* Improve resource files.
CORE-7637
... 22 commits later ....
SVN wrote: akhaldi r61139 trunk/reactos/ntoskrnl/ include/resource.h ntoskrnl.rc * http://svn.reactos.org/svn/reactos?view ... sion=61139
[NTOSKRNL]
* And finally: improve ze kirnel's resource files.
CORE-7637 #resolve
See http://jira.reactos.org/browse/CORE-7637 to understand why Amine did that !
gonzoMD

Post by gonzoMD »

hbelusca wrote:
SVN wrote: akhaldi r61117 trunk/reactos/base/applications/cmdutils/ (131 files in 16 dirs) * http://svn.reactos.org/svn/reactos?view ... sion=61117
[CMDUTILS]
* Improve resource files.
CORE-7637
... 22 commits later ....
SVN wrote: akhaldi r61139 trunk/reactos/ntoskrnl/ include/resource.h ntoskrnl.rc * http://svn.reactos.org/svn/reactos?view ... sion=61139
[NTOSKRNL]
* And finally: improve ze kirnel's resource files.
CORE-7637 #resolve
See http://jira.reactos.org/browse/CORE-7637 to understand why Amine did that !
some hours ago I wanted to post Erics fdd driver commit but this is much more epic. (not the impact but the amount of work)