Fix of the Week

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

hbelusca
Developer

Re: Fix of the Week

Post by hbelusca »

vicmarcal wrote:Too many commits which deserves the Fix of the Week, but since I am an "user" guy, I would say:

James Tabor for his Layered support commit, which will make a lot of apps which uses layered windows really happy.
It is just a green commit but more work is hopefully following. There are a lot of "this window is not shown when clicked here or launched" bugreports in Jira and most are due "unsupported layered windows". So expect some bugs being fixed...

The ReactOS Rocking Week hasnt ended. All started with a HackFest.
And the UEFI boot support doesn't deserve one? :P
Swyter
Location: Spain ← Europe ← Planet Earth ← Milky Way ← Universe

Post by Swyter »

hbelusca wrote: And the UEFI boot support doesn't deserve one? :P
Yeah. There has been more than a hundred commits on the revamped boot process alone, with the powerful touch of ion himself.
The ungrateful task of plugging heaps (get it?) of memory leaks all across the board also scores high in my book.

Thanks cwittich, and sorry for that whoami slip! :)
External patch contributor for ux/user-mode/l10n/winapi. Sometimes I fix a bit of everything everywhere.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Well done to everyone!
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
ctasan

Post by ctasan »

I'm very happy that Alex Ionescu has returned :) He's doing UEFI work (and it seems that cdfs.sys will be replaced). Also, finally our Win32 subsystem is not being "just an experiment" anymore and reaches closer to original one :) James is the man!

Btw, Stefan Ginsberg has also returned and recently we have shifted to Windows Server 2003 SP2 thanks to him!
ReactOS Community Changelogs | Admin of ReactOS Official Twitter Account | Admin of ReactOS Turkish Twitter Account @reactos_tr
Konata

Post by Konata »

Can I mention CORE-9927? We can finally use a modern Firefox now! I've been waiting for this for eons!
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Konata wrote:Can I mention CORE-9927? We can finally use a modern Firefox now! I've been waiting for this for eons!
Yeah, that is the Layered Windows support.
Btw, DOS games deserves another FIX of the Week. Also Thomas work reducing IRP leaks, and PNP rewrite Amine fixing correct exports, Ekhol fixing language and internationalization, Heiss with his FS fixes, and Jared, Jedi, Pi, Dreimer and several other contributors/testers checking old bugs and reporting them as fixed.Well and thanks to all those who keep working in the shadows...and will carry new surprises during the next months ;)
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Very impressed by all the fixes. Is it me or does Reactos 'seems' as if it could become close to being an actual working o/s? Getting quite excited over the thoughts of a beta release. I know this hope is a long way off but - I think I can now start to see a glimmer of the light at the end of the tunnel...
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
ctasan

Post by ctasan »

vicmarcal wrote:
Konata wrote:Can I mention CORE-9927? We can finally use a modern Firefox now! I've been waiting for this for eons!
Yeah, that is the Layered Windows support.
Btw, DOS games deserves another FIX of the Week. Also Thomas work reducing IRP leaks, and PNP rewrite Amine fixing correct exports, Ekhol fixing language and internationalization, Heiss with his FS fixes, and Jared, Jedi, Pi, Dreimer and several other contributors/testers checking old bugs and reporting them as fixed.Well and thanks to all those who keep working in the shadows...and will carry new surprises during the next months ;)
PNP rewrite? What this rewrite will bring, vicmarcal?
ReactOS Community Changelogs | Admin of ReactOS Official Twitter Account | Admin of ReactOS Turkish Twitter Account @reactos_tr
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Not a PNP full one but Thomas had to rework a couple of pnp handling to fix several IRP issues. Iiuc.
Compat++.
Konata

Post by Konata »

vicmarcal wrote:Not a PNP full one but Thomas had to rework a couple of pnp handling to fix several IRP issues. Iiuc.
Compat++.
Is PNP why plugging in a USB mouse causes a BSOD? Or is that related to the USB drivers?
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Konata wrote:
vicmarcal wrote:Not a PNP full one but Thomas had to rework a couple of pnp handling to fix several IRP issues. Iiuc.
Compat++.
Is PNP why plugging in a USB mouse causes a BSOD? Or is that related to the USB drivers?
Most probably Usb drivers :)
Swyter
Location: Spain ← Europe ← Planet Earth ← Milky Way ← Universe

Post by Swyter »

Welp, Guess who can use HTTPS to access MySpace from iexplore now thanks to r69394.
[MBEDTLS] Use mbedtls as a lightweight schannel TLS/SSL back-end. This is an initial checkpoint and more will follow in due time. Brought to you by Peter Hater, Ismael Ferreras Morezuelas, Sebastian Lackner and Michael Müller. CORE-9065
External patch contributor for ux/user-mode/l10n/winapi. Sometimes I fix a bit of everything everywhere.
Pi_User5

Post by Pi_User5 »

I would like to nominate 69712 fixing https://jira.reactos.org/browse/CORE-8827!!!
[SHELL32]
- Implement CompareIDs for the folders in the shell namespace. The previous implementation was a generic solution that just compared names.
- CDefView: Implement using CompareIDs method from the IShellFolder. Remove the previous implementation that was hardcoded in the CDefView and worked mostly for file items.
I use ReactOS on real hardware. Will you? My Computers: https://www.reactos.org/wiki/PC_ROS_Rigs Go all the way to the bottom.

[ external image ]
ctasan

Post by ctasan »

revision 69793:
[Win32SS] - Simplify and restructure thread send messages, use look aside list, message signals and global message link for sorting trouble messages. - See CORE-9210 for more information. Related to and fixed CORE-9718 and CORE-9975. Could have fixed CORE-9695.
Big thanks and congrats for you, jimtabor! You've fixed a serious and major issue!
ctasan

Post by ctasan »

ctasan wrote:revision 69793:
[Win32SS] - Simplify and restructure thread send messages, use look aside list, message signals and global message link for sorting trouble messages. - See CORE-9210 for more information. Related to and fixed CORE-9718 and CORE-9975. Could have fixed CORE-9695.
Big thanks and congrats for you, jimtabor! You've fixed a serious and major issue!
..and revision 69796...