Compiling ReactOS under GCC

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

phy_lbc

Compiling ReactOS under GCC

Post by phy_lbc »

I remember reading some months back that there was an attempt to try to get ReactOS to compile under GCC 4.4.x and to then use it as the standard compiling environment. This was a while back now, and I haven't heard much about it. Now that 4.5.x is out, would somebody mind telling me if migration to this is going to happen anytime soon, or if anybody is trying to get it to compile without problems under GCC 4.5.x?

Also is there any progress being made with msvc, and any other compilers?
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: Compiling ReactOS under GCC

Post by EmuandCo »

you should load a new rosbe to get an answer...
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes
Haos
Test Team

Re: Compiling ReactOS under GCC

Post by Haos »

I think that some tests were being performed, but still there are several diffs/mods to be taken into account with each new gcc version. Iirc, no one really announced working on gcc update. Not that i`m surprised, such change is always drastic and takes much time/resources.

MSVC support is being hammered slowly, commit by commit. Amine devised a clever way to call msvc compiler and asembler, still using our linker. This experimental builder happens to be in my buildbot, called from time to time by interested parties.