ReactOS XBOX Port

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Peterbjornx

ReactOS XBOX Port

Post by Peterbjornx » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:14 pm

Is there any release or svn revision that works on XBOX with a GUI showing and USB stack working,if not, what edits do i need to make to the current revision to get it to work on XBOX ( I have FreeLoader 2.2 running on XBOX and that old version which only does disk-checks runs)

EmuandCo
Developer

Re: ReactOS XBOX Port

Post by EmuandCo » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:03 pm

you need a new freeldr and a selfbuilt ReactOS. Copy it over to E: and replace the hal.dll (it is in system32 and ReactOS root folder btw) with halxbox.dll which you rename to hal.dll. same goes for vbe.sys and vga.sys which you delete, too and set a identical named copy of xboxvmp.sys in place. Then you need bootvid.dll here

I am very sure it wont allow you to even fully boot, but maybe you have luck or a DevKit XBox to provide us with a LOG ;-)
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

Peterbjornx

Post by Peterbjornx » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:08 pm

Okay, ill try that, but there is a problem with the freeldr build that was in the svn trunk last time i checked, it gave the multiboot header error loading freeldr.sys not the actual OS.

Peterbjornx

Post by Peterbjornx » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:44 pm

P.S.: I have uploaded a ReactOS installation with those steps applied to my XBOX but it doesn't give errors and the screen just goes black

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:53 am

ReactOS bootscreen appears? You put ROS on E:\ReactOS ? freeldr.sys and freeldr.ini are in E:\ ?
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

Peterbjornx

Post by Peterbjornx » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:47 pm

No bootscreen, and its not the files, i see the progress bar loading all the core ReactOS files, then after bootvid.dll it goes black, the install CD does this on my PC too, hardware bug or broken revision?

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:07 am

could be the in theory broken xbox support which we hacked a bit more working that way i told ya or a broken rev. try the freeldr.ini i added to the archive with bootvid.dll

Peterbjornx

Post by Peterbjornx » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:14 pm

Those options are exactly like how i configured mine, but as the PC version of ReactOS revision that was current yesterday did the same thing maybe its a bug in the OS itself not in some platform specific driver, or it is just coincidence

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:23 pm

can you show me your freeldr you used? I just realized that newer ones fail, indeed.

Peterbjornx

Post by Peterbjornx » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:35 pm

It's version 2.2 i use, that enough info or should i upload freeldr.sys?

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:36 pm

would be nice, yes

kevintrooper

Post by kevintrooper » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:18 am

@all of you, how did you hack your xbox? I am getting Mech A. from a friend soon to load the custom firmware, I sorry for going a little off-topic, but I think it's clo-- Let me get to the point. Okay, how did you load yours? did you need the Action Replay to load the files on there or is there a free way? Also, can I use Freeloader with a menu that allows me to back my games up on the xbox? If you don't want to answer via the forum, PM it to me please. THank you

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:33 am

Hi, we should meet on IRC or something, then I can explain it to you.

Peterbjornx

Post by Peterbjornx » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:05 pm

kitor

Post by kitor » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:03 pm

any progress in it? i found old reactos for xbox image on svn, it's booting but without usb support (i guess, my keyboard and mouse doesn't work), working reactos would be cool thing for xbox users who doesn't have much knowledge to play with linux ;)