ReactOS is...

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Z98
Release Engineer

Re: ReactOS is...

Post by Z98 »

He's referring to your double postings.
andrewweb

Post by andrewweb »

Z98 wrote:He's referring to your double postings.
What double post?
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

You posted two consecutive times, once in response to Bugboy and once in response to me. We generally frown upon such double posting.
andrewweb

Post by andrewweb »

Z98 wrote:You posted two consecutive times, once in response to Bugboy and once in response to me. We generally frown upon such double posting.
Oh, I see it now.
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

:( (EDIT: smiley reads: again novels in one-liner topic... son, I'm disappoint)
Last edited by Black_Fox on Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
andrewweb

Post by andrewweb »

Black_Fox wrote::(
:shock:
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

Could you please take this emoticon testing to Offtopic board?
andrewweb

Post by andrewweb »

Haos wrote:Could you please take this emoticon testing to Offtopic board?
That wasn't emoticon testing. There were links on the first and second.
mrugiero

Post by mrugiero »

nicamarvin2005 wrote:
ReactOS is not nightmare of noone
Who in their right mind would want to Use linux if there was an opensource OS that was compatible with Windows NT...? this is the way I see it, Linux was born because there was not an opensource UNIX OS, that whas back in the day of powerusers and servers, why does linux have an foot hold on the Desktop market? because Windows its CloseSource and Mac its too expencive, Now that there is OpenSource Unix(SVR4) and soon to be Dream come true OpenSource Windows Clone there is no reazon for me to Use Linux at all, would you still use Reactos if Microsoft OpenSourced Win2k?.... :geek:
I'm using Linux and will still use it when ReactOS gets completely functional...
You like Windows, and you like ARWINSS, there is no need to make other like the same things you like, and there is no need to others to hate things you hate.

You seem to be like the "Linux fundamentalists" or the "GNU fundamentalists", but with Win and ARWINSS; people likes what they like, and may be better things around there, and that is not a guarantee of "We want it!" attitude.
There are people who use Linux because they like Linux (by example, I'm from Argentina, a country where piracy is almost legal, and most people use pirate Windows; but there are people who use Linux, and they don't use Windows even when they can), and there are people who buy their computers with a legal copy of Windows just because they have no choice here, and they format and use Linux.

I want to use ReactOS too, but it will probably not be used most of time, because I like Linux.

I know IT IS messy, with many people going to different sides, and know that almost the only superior thing it has is the open source, I'm not trying to make you say "Linux is the best" like zombies. But I'm not going to let anyone try to make ME do it with anything.

And, as a final comment, if you want ReactOS to be someone's nightmare, is your problem, and will probably be more a "MS's nightmare" than Linux's one, just because most of the users that actually will migrate to ReactOS are not the ones who program for Linux, but the ones who will migrate from Windows ARE the ones who pay their legal license.
andrewweb

Post by andrewweb »

mrugiero wrote: I'm using Linux and will still use it when ReactOS gets completely functional...
You like Windows, and you like ARWINSS, there is no need to make other like the same things you like, and there is no need to others to hate things you hate.

You seem to be like the "Linux fundamentalists" or the "GNU fundamentalists", but with Win and ARWINSS; people likes what they like, and may be better things around there, and that is not a guarantee of "We want it!" attitude.
There are people who use Linux because they like Linux (by example, I'm from Argentina, a country where piracy is almost legal, and most people use pirate Windows; but there are people who use Linux, and they don't use Windows even when they can), and there are people who buy their computers with a legal copy of Windows just because they have no choice here, and they format and use Linux.

I want to use ReactOS too, but it will probably not be used most of time, because I like Linux.

I know IT IS messy, with many people going to different sides, and know that almost the only superior thing it has is the open source, I'm not trying to make you say "Linux is the best" like zombies. But I'm not going to let anyone try to make ME do it with anything.

And, as a final comment, if you want ReactOS to be someone's nightmare, is your problem, and will probably be more a "MS's nightmare" than Linux's one, just because most of the users that actually will migrate to ReactOS are not the ones who program for Linux, but the ones who will migrate from Windows ARE the ones who pay their legal license.
I agree completely!
Pisarz

Post by Pisarz »

nicamarvin2005 wrote:Who in their right mind would want to Use linux if there was an opensource OS that was compatible with Windows NT...? this is the way I see it, Linux was born because there was not an opensource UNIX OS, that whas back in the day of powerusers and servers, why does linux have an foot hold on the Desktop market? because Windows its CloseSource and Mac its too expencive, Now that there is OpenSource Unix(SVR4) and soon to be Dream come true OpenSource Windows Clone there is no reazon for me to Use Linux at all, would you still use Reactos if Microsoft OpenSourced Win2k?.... :geek:
Me.
Ubuntu has a better artwork.
andrewweb

Post by andrewweb »

Pisarz wrote:
nicamarvin2005 wrote:Who in their right mind would want to Use linux if there was an opensource OS that was compatible with Windows NT...? this is the way I see it, Linux was born because there was not an opensource UNIX OS, that whas back in the day of powerusers and servers, why does linux have an foot hold on the Desktop market? because Windows its CloseSource and Mac its too expencive, Now that there is OpenSource Unix(SVR4) and soon to be Dream come true OpenSource Windows Clone there is no reazon for me to Use Linux at all, would you still use Reactos if Microsoft OpenSourced Win2k?.... :geek:
Me.
Ubuntu has a better artwork.
Me.
Unix's file/device metaphors make IO a peice of cake.
And Apache runs on Linux.
Therefore I use Linux occasionally.
And all the time on my VPS!