Page 4 of 4
Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:05 am
4.nforce lan and firefox
6.A and E
Re: OFFICIAL POLL: *Your* priorities.
Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:52 pm
1. What is your biggest development mentality, out of this list:
B) Getting the core services ready, as well as an incremental implementation of fixing current code that applications use. Large apps like Office might not work for another year, but when they will work, it will also mean that hundreds of smaller applications will work by then. Hardware/driver support will have caught up by then, and when WMP finally works,it will play DVDs and MP3s, not just load. Marketing ReactOS will be harder, but after a longer wait, the system will be much more stable and compatible.
2. Which of the following areas do you want to see prioritized at this stage, in kernel development
F) Stability and speed
E) API Implementations
In that order
3. Which of the following areas do you want to see prioritized at this stage, in usermode development
A) Application compatibility
D) Speed and stability
C) API Implementations
In that order
4. Do you feel strongly about a certain application or driver that you really want to see running on ReactOS? If so, Which?
Some sort of freeware (at least my version states so) NC-Clone for Win32
5. Are you willing to donate money or hardware in exchange for someone (or larger group) to work on your request in #4? If so, how much?
F) I dont have the money to donate. (Hartz 4... :-/)
Ok not an official option, but hits the nail.
6. What do you feel is the biggest priority in terms of our contact with users like you?
D) Releasing more ReactOS releases (less inter-build time)
Should be it
Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:46 pm
Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:07 am
2) C & F
Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:10 am
1B - Showing people stuff that doesnt work is just pants.
2A - The rest can be done to a basic level but internet works or is doesnt
3D - Lets get it working propperly before you go further. Its linux not windows
4Wireless - The rest can be done to a basic level but internet works or is doesnt. I use the internet for everything.
5 I'm a student
Sorry, my £200 a month cannot stretch any further. (Not while its in beta stages anyway)
6A - I like to know where we are, intermediate releases sounds good but if its was kept strictly to a maximum of one a month then each release would be anticipated more and I wouldnt have 1001 coasters around the room.
I would certainly buy merchendise and promote the OS though, if it was worth promoting. At the moment, its in its early stages still.
Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:04 pm
B, C, B, Xbox Support, B, E
1. Get the basics working, the apps will follow, maybe the less technical users could keep busier this way.
2. USB, and other hardware support is what I want, if someone wants some hardware like for making nic drivers, I can give there.
3. XSRSS, let me run this thing on my file-serving xbox.
4. seeing a pattern here? I only played Halo before modding the box if you were wondering.
5. $$$ helps development of anything
Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:13 am
I would say:
4 Grahpic card support.
5) yes - c (on it's way in a bit of time).
6) (missed) -Organize the effort a bit better, I've had a really hard time getting a firm answer on what I can do to help - mostly, I get mixed messages. I really dont know if I should work the cache manager or not at this point. Some thing to help us KNOW what to do would be great!
Otherwise = d