Who is using Reactos all day ?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Nintendo Maniac 64

Re: Who is using Reactos all day ?

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 »

cppm wrote:A video showing someone using Ros for a certain app over a certain time on certain hardware won't show you the numerous hardware issues, potential crashes, user interface rough edges and stuff.

Consider that they might be pretty lucky to have found a hardware/software combination that works.
I for one had a very stable experience of running Katawa Shoujo Act 1 v1 on ReactOS v3.10 on my ECS K7S5A Pro (and even made a YouTube video of it). I didn't try installing any drivers, but the software did indeed work. I would also imagine the stable software I discovered later with ReactOS in VirtualBox would also work as well (iDeaS and Ever 17).

I may be a rare case, but it still shows that it's not as unheard of as you may think.
Last edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

d3drocks

Post by d3drocks »

I dont use reactos all day, but I have it installed and running on an old compaq I had sitting around. I love testing old games on it as I dig them up.

Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

I play Civilisation 2 on ROS in vbox for hours:>

Nintendo Maniac 64

Haos wrote:I play Civilisation 2 on ROS in vbox for hours:>
But was this originally for testing purposes, or what there a good reason for playing it in ROS rather than Windows?

Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

Stability testing, lulz, and bragging rights.

Btw, Heroes 3 also work.

Nintendo Maniac 64

I like lulz. It's the same reason I played iDeaS on ReactOS inside VirtualBox. :P (I made a video of it too, but if I keep linking my iDeaS, Katawa Shoujo, and Ever 17 videos every time I mention them, it's going to seem like I'm spamming)

d3drocks

Post by d3drocks »

at one point in the past, I had startrek voyager elite force running on reactos.
I'm having issues getting duke nukem manhattan project installed, and im planning to test command and conquer tiberian sun soon enough (the game was released free just recently, and includes the expantion: http://www.commandandconquer.com/classic/ )
Haos wrote: Btw, Heroes 3 also work.
you wouldnt happen to know where one could go to pick up a copy of that classic game these days, would you? (preferibly shipping to canada?)

d3drocks

Post by d3drocks »

oh wicked! thanks man!
(for some reason I thought amazon was only for books. maybe im just uninformed)

MadWolf

Post by MadWolf »

d3drocks wrote:at one point in the past, I had startrek voyager elite force running on reactos.
I'm having issues getting duke nukem manhattan project installed, and im planning to test command and conquer tiberian sun soon enough (the game was released free just recently, and includes the expantion: http://www.commandandconquer.com/classic/ )
you wouldnt happen to know where one could go to pick up a copy of that classic game these days, would you? (preferibly shipping to canada?)
hi
thx d3drocks i did not know the game was released for free

d3drocks

Post by d3drocks »

MadWolf wrote:
d3drocks wrote:at one point in the past, I had startrek voyager elite force running on reactos.
hi
thx d3drocks i did not know the game was released for free
no problem :)
it was released just a few days ago I believe. its DEFINATELY worth the download, and includes the expantion pack as well. classic game.

FORCE

Post by FORCE »

it cannot be used all day without crash but my faith has returned thanks to ARWINSSS

clbrk

Post by clbrk »

Haos wrote:Btw, Heroes 3 also work.
Which ROS version are you using ?

and computer/laptop specs ?

Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

Head from the day of that post. Vbox, without guest additions.