Latest Arwinss ISO's

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

igorko

Re: Latest Arwinss ISO's

Post by igorko »

unxed
5207 was not fixed in arwinss tree. It was fixed only in gabriel's working tree. So it can't be reopened, it's just not fixed.
5523 is not fixed. Window is overlapped by taskbar because taskbar is always on top. You just don't see that part of window. Bug name is "ARWINSS: Maximized windows fill the whole screen" and you say "part of maximized window is overlapped by the taskbar". And that means window FILLS whole screen.

It's not ready to be commited in trunk because it's not usable yet.
Next time just read more carefully posts in this topic and commits to arwinss branch. And bugzilla bugs will reflect real situation so making arwinss more stable will be easier. ;)

reactosfan

Post by reactosfan »

Cant install it. Some Hardware not found or so. In addition I have problems due to the boot manager, grub2. After fixing that, was corrupted by other tasks, arwinss is unable to set the boot on harddisk, only floppy possible ???

igorko

Post by igorko »

reactosfan
Known bug. You can't install bootloader on harddisk when destination partition(where you install ReactOS) is not Active. Set it active before installation. And install bootloader only on VBR(you must make choice - MBR and VBR, VBR, Floppy, none) because if you'll install on MBR and VBR you will delete grub. Use chainloader +1 to boot ReactOS from grub(as Windows does).

About some Hardware not found: dunno, there must be no such problem.

igorko

Post by igorko »

Bear in mind. Arwinss doesn't work in VirtualBox atm.

reactosfan

Post by reactosfan »

Yes I wanted to use VBR only, but there is something wrong with the floppy device. Chainloader +1 is ok, I used it in the manually added reactOS boot option in grub2. I will try additional stuff later if time let me do that! :mrgreen:

pajuelo

Post by pajuelo »

Arwinss doesn't work on VirtualBox 3.2, I get a message Enableusermodepnpmanage()

gonzoMD

Post by gonzoMD »

pajuelo wrote:Arwinss doesn't work on VirtualBox 3.2, I get a message Enableusermodepnpmanage()
igorko wrote:Bear in mind. Arwinss doesn't work in VirtualBox atm.
2 post over yours, just read

unxed

Post by unxed »

Any chance to see a fresh build? Wanna retest some previously submitted bugs.

igorko

Post by igorko »

Today, maybe tomorrow

fireball
Developer

Post by fireball »

New ISO based on trunk r49213 + arwinss-1.3.5 is available for testing. Please be prepared that it's not stock trunk, with the most important difference being the new Heap Manager turned on. Also, alphasupport for icons is added in this "release" so arwinss really looks much better visually. Some of the bugs have also been fixed (Igorko could comment what bugs are fixed and what applications now work). Happy testing, thanks!

Direct link:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/reactos ... z/download
Aleksey Bragin,
ReactOS Project Lead

pajuelo

Post by pajuelo »

still fails on virtualbox.

WooJoo

Post by WooJoo »

it did install the arwinss build on my virtualbox after hitting several times enter at the loading of the cd but i didnt had a preformated hd image and it stoped installing at the configuration while importing hivesys.inf

mth411

Post by mth411 »

Using qemu 0.12.5, I get Enableusermodepnpmanage() Failed, rebooting now!
But the problem persists on every reboot, I can never actually run ReactOS.

Also, acpi seems funny in qemu, it doesn't seem to be able to shutdown or reboot, even during the install, which may be why the above never works no matter how many times I "restart" qemu manually.

Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

ACPI is not enabled in 0.3.12 due to hardware compatibility issues.

mth411

Post by mth411 »

Any clue why I am getting "Enableusermodepnpmanage() Failed, rebooting now! " on Qemu?

I would love to try the new Arwinss build.