abandoned?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

yuri6690

abandoned?

Post by yuri6690 »

i was reading the roadmap and if i am reading it correctly a new version should have been already released but hasn't. any reason for this? was the project abandoned? or is it behind schedule?

Haos
Test Team

Re: abandoned?

Post by Haos »

Roadmap lies. Regarding activity, see bugzilla or svn server for good indicators.

livestrong2109

Post by livestrong2109 »

This post is nothing but fud, He has a single post and reeks of ignorance, clearly isn't on the mailing list and has failed to read anything at all from either the forums or the newsletter. I don't think he is at all concerned with RoS and simply wants to splash the term ABANDONED! across the screen in what is clearly a cry for attention.

Though As was stated by someone more composed than myself, just view the bugzilla for a progress report.
Wesley Howard
ROS Contributor - Web Developer

florian

Post by florian »

Our developers prefer to code and not to write roadmaps. Welcome to ReactOS.

reactosfan

Post by reactosfan »

Next time somebody writes:

ROS is not given a certification by Microsoft :!:

- due to the fact non of the official MS driver do work on reactOS ... :roll:

Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

What do you mean by official drivers? If those shipped with XP, many video drivers do work fine.

reactosfan

Post by reactosfan »

My personal fear is Microsoft will anyway neglect ROS compatibility until the importance of ROS is under no way to be ignored. That may be true for official MS programs and their home brewed drivers. The big questions are is one one hand ROS ever able to be a nearly perfect clone of the actual Win system or will the rest of Win compatible programs be ROS compatible too - made by ROS (adapted versions) of the manufactures?

swight

Post by swight »

That is not the goal of this project at all. This project is not trying to get other products to make themselves compatible with it(Microsoft included). Rather it is trying to become more like windows which these programs are already compatible with.

reactosfan

Post by reactosfan »

My personal fear is that even if ROS overcomes all the problems it has right now the problem, it still stays questionable to which Win reactOS is in future close to 100% compatible? As we all know there is no compatibility between WinXP an Win7. Microsoft has "solved" the problem by spending the Win7 user an additional WinXP in VM. But if ROS becomes important how will Microsoft and all other companies they produce software for WinXYZ react?

RaptorEmperor

Post by RaptorEmperor »

livestrong2109 wrote:This post is nothing but fud, He has a single post and reeks of ignorance, clearly isn't on the mailing list and has failed to read anything at all from either the forums or the newsletter. I don't think he is at all concerned with RoS and simply wants to splash the term ABANDONED! across the screen in what is clearly a cry for attention.

Though As was stated by someone more composed than myself, just view the bugzilla for a progress report.
Take a chill pill. That's no way to introduce new guys to the community.

Yuri6690, the roadmap isn't really followed that closely. Development is progressing, but not at the pace the roadmap describes. Mailing lists, the Commit Tracking System, and other sources on this website are a better means of keeping track of development.

forart

Post by forart »

As Haiku teaches, Source Activity on the homepage would be great. :geek:
»Forward Agency NPO
In progress we (always) trust.

Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

I'm fully seconding forart here. Its a nice feature to copy.

vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Haos wrote:I'm fully seconding forart here. Its a nice feature to copy.
Muahahah...my mouth is still closed..

RaptorEmperor

Post by RaptorEmperor »

I also agree that source activity on the homepage would be good. ReactOS has worked with Haiku in the past, so there's no point in taking a hint from friends.

livestrong2109

Post by livestrong2109 »

Let this tread die, it is bad pr, and I'll start a new thead for the topic