Reactos on Youtube

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Jedi-to-be

Reactos on Youtube

Post by Jedi-to-be »

There is no any kind of reactos - http://www.youtube.com/reactos

But here it is full of it- http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... &oq=Reacto

Hundreds of films are already loaded!
Ged
Developer

Re: Reactos on Youtube

Post by Ged »

This is the official channel : http://www.youtube.com/reactosorg
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

I think we had asked Youtube for obtaining control of "reactos", but there isnt any answer yet.
Ged
Developer

Post by Ged »

there was an answer, they said no as expected.
Jedi-to-be

Post by Jedi-to-be »

Google the googling googlers!
RaptorEmperor

Post by RaptorEmperor »

Regardless of whether or not ReactOS has access to the ReactOS username on YouTube, it does seem we're getting more attention now. I remember a year or two ago someone suggested that people create more ReactOS videos for YouTube. I searched "ReactOS" on YouTube and you could count the entries on your hand. Now there are multiple videos by multiple users, mostly guys already involved with the project, but also some usernames I didn't recognize. Either way, it seems we're finally using YouTube to our advantage to spread knowledge about ReactOS.

When we hit 4.0 some of the guys doing work with videos should make an big official video showing ReactOS in action. Maybe an underground advertising blitz for 4.0 will get us more developers and supporters. The most viewed ReactOS video on YouTube has gotten past 30,000 views already (though it's an older video), so f we could get a video to get past the 100,000 mark, we'd have succeeded in getting known on YouTube, in my opinion.
Nintendo Maniac 64

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 »

You should put ReactOS in quotes ("reactos") as to not get results for 'reacto' as well. Also appending |"React OS" gives a few extra results from those that have misspelled the name.

Also I'm more interested in seeing the newest ReactOS videos, possibly showing some of the newer capabilities (like sound) or if you're crazy like me and have already watched most if not all the ReactOS videos >_>; (187 isn't actually that many)

Really long YouTube search URL using the above-mentioned things

And clearly the 4 newest ReactOS videos having been uploaded by me (at the time of this post) show that I have no hidden agenda at all for encouraging use of the "Sort by: Newest" filter. Absolutely none at all. Clearly.
Last edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
reub2000

Post by reub2000 »

Can we get some theoria video up on dailymotion? Shouldn't we be promoting free software?
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

reub2000 wrote:Can we get some theoria video up on dailymotion? Shouldn't we be promoting free software?
Again, I point out that the objective of this project isn't to push the free software agenda. We believe in the advantages of open source, but we do not go out of our way to use free software, especially if it's inferior to a proprietary alternative, simply for the sake of using free software.
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

Exactly, that's the point of Reactos: an open-source OS that could run all your applications, even the non-free ones.

If you want an all free package, use linux.
reub2000

Post by reub2000 »

Z98 wrote:
reub2000 wrote:Can we get some theoria video up on dailymotion? Shouldn't we be promoting free software?
Again, I point out that the objective of this project isn't to push the free software agenda. We believe in the advantages of open source, but we do not go out of our way to use free software, especially if it's inferior to a proprietary alternative, simply for the sake of using free software.
Flash has had to many security holes. Explain to me how dailymotion is an inferior video sharing site.
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

Its not as popular as YT?
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

I don't believe I mentioned Flash once. I was referring to the Theoria codec.
RaptorEmperor

Post by RaptorEmperor »

Well, if Flash is that much of an issue, in a year or two we should expect HTML5 to become more widespread, so don't panic.
hto
Developer

Post by hto »

That's a circulus vitiosus, something is not much used because it is not popular, and not popular because not much used. To break the circle, it should be used despite its unpopularity…