Firefox 3.0.10 works with ugly font, but 3.0.13 freezes

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

steveh

Firefox 3.0.10 works with ugly font, but 3.0.13 freezes

Post by steveh »

Hi,

here ist my own firefox experience on current SVN build of reactos 0.4

System:
current Reactos SVN builds (august, september, october 2009) installed on VirtualBox 3.0.x (the non-OSE linux version)

I tested several Firefox versions:
- 2.0.20 and 3.0.10 thru reactos software management download, both work but 3.0.10 shows the well-known bug of the ugly fonts...

- 3.0.13 (the last 3.0.x firefox) installed from the english windows installation exe.
It does not work, it opens the Firefox mask, but reactos freezes completely when the first URL is submitted...

- 3.0.13 (the last 3.0.x firefox) thru firefox automatic upgrade from previously installed 3.0.10
It does not work, it opens the Firefox mask, but reactos freezes completely when the first URL is submitted...

My question:
what may have changed so deeply in firefox from 3.0.10 to 3.0.13 that it no longer works with current reactos 0.4 trunk?
What method of investigation could i use to have more info about the freeze circumstances?

Should i submit this to bugzilla or is there already a bug report about it? So i should add my test info to it?

Other question:
has a reactos 0.3.11 branch already been done from the 0.4 trunk ?

hto
Developer

Post by hto »

steveh wrote: My question:
what may have changed so deeply in firefox from 3.0.10 to 3.0.13 that it no longer works with current reactos 0.4 trunk?
Any minor change can awake a dormant bug.
What method of investigation could i use to have more info about the freeze circumstances?
Obtain a debug log.
Should i submit this to bugzilla or is there already a bug report about it? So i should add my test info to it?
It can be bug 4100 or something else.
Other question:
has a reactos 0.3.11 branch already been done from the 0.4 trunk?
Not yet.