Windows Picture & Fax Viewer Clone

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Deluge

Windows Picture & Fax Viewer Clone

Post by Deluge »

I found a Windows Picture and Fax Viewer clone that someone developed. I don't know if the source is available or what license it is released under. I saw some people talking about picture viewers for ReactOS and thought it might be interesting for some to check out. I don't think it has been updated in a while and might not support all formats. The download file is called "Picture.zip".

http://sites.google.com/site/neotechni/Home/programs

gonzoMD

Re: Windows Picture & Fax Viewer Clone

Post by gonzoMD »

great, that's a thing I miss very

Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

How are those supposed to help us?

gralco

Post by gralco »

The ROS's conception is to make it alike to the other nt systems, but also expand it in preference to make it better. That's why we use some clones, if this is in fact GPL or GPL compatible than it would be very beneficial because I don't believe we have a program that is similar to this one like on the other nt systems. Plus we can make it better :D

I tried it myself at school and compared it to the MS one and they're very similar, I hope it truly is GPL.

gabrielilardi
Moderator Team

Post by gabrielilardi »

gralco wrote:
I tried it myself at school and compared it to the Microsoft one and they're very similar, I hope it truly is GPL.
Regretfully it's made in VB (and it's closed source). We already have a WIP shimgvw.dll (the program itself) see our tree.
BTW, the original Picture and Fax viewer (the one ms is based on) is here. It currently crashes in ntdll in ros (and you'll need some vb dll's).

Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

This was exactly my point, as gabrielardi described.

Cube 8

Post by Cube 8 »

People are used to the way windows works. And most of them are used to this program (windows picture & fax viewer).
As gralco said, ReactOS is supposed to be as more alike as possible to Windows OS, so that existing windows users will be confortable using this new OS.