looking to hire

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Haos
Test Team

Re: looking to hire

Post by Haos »

jgwright wrote:Why so much negativity? I'd be surprised if this guy's still interested and this offer didn't look to me to have a huge flashing "bogus!" on it. Such negativity just becomes self-fulfilling.
Its not negativity. At least in my case, its a very careful, though probably too optimistic calculation. You are free to point out errors in it. Negativity is not considered a vaild point in business negotiations/calculations.
Pharaoh_Atem

Post by Pharaoh_Atem »

silver163 wrote:ok my linux computer died and i been working on it being recovered. at the moment a basic proposal was written out, not sure if it holds enough information but it does provide the basic. The exact computer specs will be tomorrow.

Here is the link:

http://www.mypixation.com/jigle_proposal.pdf
It would probably be a better idea to hire them to work on ReactOS, and also using ReactOS improvements to generate a distribution called Jigle for POS systems. The project itself doesn't need to be renamed to Jigle, in fact, it would probably be better for it to remain named ReactOS. However, an advert on the site indicated it is sponsored by the company would be good.
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Pharaoh_Atem wrote: It would probably be a better idea to hire them to work on ReactOS.
I think hiring is the wrong word:

First, with which ReactOS money are we going to pay them? ;)

In the other hand, why hiring them for doing something they need for their Bussiness? It doesnt seem to have sense..
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

Pharaoh_Atem: Right, a company wants to hire ROS's devs to do something. Do you think they would need to do that if they could do the job themselves? So HOW could ROS hire people from this company at all? :D
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

@Black_fox

No company wants to hire ReactOS developers. The guy keeps silent and he even didnt reply to our comments. He hasn`t contact developers themselves, only what he did was this thread and one pdf.
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

Every company relying with its proposals on this forum is going to realize it is not the correct place, sooner or later, I agree with that. My point was that Pharaoh_Atem kind of reversed the roles of who hires who :)