WHy IRC?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

cuttysark

WHy IRC?

Post by cuttysark »

Hi,
Why do Dev's use IRC as their primary communication channel?
I believe ROS site should have an embembed Chat with login protection or several chats to mimic the different IRC channels.
All the generated data and information should be on our arms reach.
I believe this would shorten the distances between Dev’s and common users like me.
Best regards

Black_Fox

Re: WHy IRC?

Post by Black_Fox »

There is ChatZilla (which is IRC plugin for Firefox) and also IRC webchats, so you don't have to install additional programs if you don't want to.

vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

cuttysark wrote:I believe ROS site should have an embembed Chat with login protection
We are Open, we are Free, we dont have to hide anything. So all of our channels are open,you can see our chats w/o problems..(you and Linux fanboys and Tmax guys...).

Having a login protection will avoid normal Visitors to follow our chats and also will create suspicious ideas about us.

Chatzilla FF plugin works quite well :)

Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

Why not IRC?

You can login all conversations. There is nothing that prevents you or any user from joining IRC channel and chatting with devs.

DGMurdockIII

Post by DGMurdockIII »

i think all he was aking was to add web based irc chat app to the site Because some people dont like to install a app or addon that they only use one time

Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

There is no need to. If you need to contact developers, you can always write to ros-dev maillist.