World-wide ReactOS Announcement Project

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Sami

World-wide ReactOS Announcement Project

Post by Sami »

I have another idea for getting more publicity for ReactOS :idea:

We could form language groups of voluntary people who would translate all the Announcements of the ReactOS -project and inform local press, newsgroups, etc when ReactOS -project announcements something.

Voluntary people would take care of few (one or more) target(s) and keep it/them up todate of what is happening in ReactOS -project.

These groups could be formed under Press Kit -wiki pages. There would be one sub -page for each language group with translated announcements.

ros-announcement -mail-list could be input for this project and it should not take time from developers of ReactOS. It should be so called community -project.

English WWRAP -goup should be the main group and all the groups for different languages should take all texts from that group. This is how we make sure that the world-wide information would be the same.

WWRAP in English:
- Publishing rules
+--- No spamming
+--- Relevant and true information
+--- No praising the ReactOS
+--- No trashing of other OS:s

- New Translated announcements

- Contributers and area of responsibility
<name or alias> <name/webaddress of magazine, newsgroup, etc.>

If you are interested in my idea, I could do some base work in wiki for English and Finnish -groups :P I would also contribute into Finnish group myself and inform some finnish media. What does Jason think about this? Or is there someone else that is responsibility of ReactOS publicity image?

What do you think :?:
HUMA2000

Post by HUMA2000 »

An interesting idea, if you want help translating publicity to spanish, said me and i'll help ;)
forart

I'm already doing it !

Post by forart »

Well, i think the 1st to be informed shoud be open source/freeware software developers, than hardware manufacturers and finally users.
I think we need some banners and buttons in many languages, too...
»Forward Agency NPO
In progress we (always) trust.
HUMA2000

Post by HUMA2000 »

Some kind of banner button saying something like 'Powered by ReactOS' or something simililar will be great.
forart

Post by forart »

1. I think 100% working application needs a 'certified' logo (linked) to put on their website. Some examples:

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

It should have the ReactOS logo, a sort of '100% working on' (with a trust color, as green). Here's a draft example:

[ external image ]

2. We need a 'certificated apps' section here on the offical website.

3. We need to monitor users origin, to understand what apps are more used and eventually to better support them in the os.

...just few raw ideas.
»Forward Agency NPO
Viod

Post by Viod »

But it is stupid to write list of all working apps of WinNt4.0 when ROS hit 1.0 . ROS button is good idea .But we need good graphic guy ;/
:D
Sami

Post by Sami »

You are missing my idea :!:

The idea is that the people in different countrys know all the magazines and local discussion groups,... So it could be good idea to use that information so that people could inform local media, etc. every time ReactOS announced something. ReactOS 0.3.0 release announcement could be good start for international announcement. I think it would have lot of world-wide interest.

So I think that we should gather people into language groups that will handle the translation of announcements and post the announcements forward to local magazines, etc.

Do I make any sense?
Viod

Post by Viod »

Yes it make sense :D And Im volunteer for polish language group .
:D
forart

Post by forart »

So it could be good idea to use that information so that people could inform local media, etc. every time ReactOS announced something.
Well i think that ROS is in early stage fo this.
Instead i think that attracting more developers (the 'port' reason is a nutshell) could benefit the system mutch more.
Not only. I think that ROS needs cool themes too before starting RUGs (ReactOS User Groups :o ).
Anyway just my opinion.
»Forward Agency NPO
Sami

Post by Sami »

patchworks wrote:Well i think that ROS is in early stage fo this.
Why do you think that ?

This is what I think it would be:
1. ReactOS 0.3.0 is released
2. The announcement of ROS 0.3.0 is translated and mailed to local media
3. Some (maybe just one or two) magazines publishes a small article or news about ReactOS -project.
4. People read the article
5. Lot of interested people (including few new developers :) )
6. Some of the people could also tell his/her frends about the ReactOS and more developer may be found.
HUMA2000

Post by HUMA2000 »

I'm ready for help at spain :wink:
Sami

Post by Sami »

HUMA2000 wrote:I'm ready for help at spain :wink:
Ok :) , I can do the base work in wiki, and people can contribute if they wish.
But I still also want to hear more comments about my idea. If some of the main developers of ReactOS think this is a bad idea, please let me know. I just want to make ReactOS known world-wide 8)

I post a reply here when I have someting ready. Then more people from ReactOS community can join this effort.
forart

Post by forart »

Why do you think that ?
Well, probably is a country-related problem.
Here in Italy local medias don't care about almost anything around informatics (except virus, dangers, hackers, etc): no local media ever talked about Linux, imagine ROS !
We have few national radio and television programs that more or less speaks about informatic.
if i have understood, you're trying to build some kind of 'press agency' that could be national (and not local) in my opinion.
Why don't you take in consideration a mailing-list for this purpose ?
»Forward Agency NPO
ScoTTie

Post by ScoTTie »

patchworks wrote:It should have the ReactOS logo, a sort of '100% working on'
I think this gives the wrong impression about ReactOS. When ReactOS is more complete most things _should_ work. Giving people doubt that things might not work isnt such a good idea.
Sami

Post by Sami »

patchworks wrote:if i have understood, you're trying to build some kind of 'press agency' that could be national (and not local) in my opinion.
Yes, someting like that. (sorry my bad English)
patchworks wrote:Why don't you take in consideration a mailing-list for this purpose ?
How would you think this should be done, tell me more?
Should we have several announcement -mailing-lists, one for each language? This might be even better idea, but who will do it?

Also, if someone has even better idea, let us know. We have to do something to get more people know about ReactOS 8)