Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

dark

Post by dark »

I need aol to connect to the internet so i found an old 7.0 cd and if you click the button for CD drive it shows that the disk has releases 1-7, i tired running all of them but only one would go far, 5.0. I just like that the install almost completely works, exept for when you restart the computer, (then it always crashes when the gui starts and you have to reinstall reactos.)

Almost There :D
Stead

Post by Stead »

thats not just a reactos thing :D

i've known several people who have had computers, and they install aol, then when the computer starts you get a blue screen. only way to fix it was to reinstall windows!

first time i seen is it when i thought i'd actualy try the aol cd u get in the post every fortnight :p, i think aol just doesn't work with some hardware, i've seen it ona varitey of computers, always wondered what caused it, never really looked into it as not a big aol fan..seems to have been hardware tho, as on a machine that did it, if you formatted the machine, installed windows, install aol, same would happen again.
dark

Post by dark »

One thing I can't figure out is that a certain version detects that it isn't a "compatable operating system" There are setup apps labled with 9x, 2K, and NT, since i just learned that reactos reports as 2000 i can only figure it's scanning for something else (possibly internet explorer)
user222

Post by user222 »

dark wrote:i can only figure it's scanning for something else (possibly internet explorer)
AOL uses the IE browsing engine.
frik85
Developer

Post by frik85 »

user222 wrote:
dark wrote:i can only figure it's scanning for something else (possibly internet explorer)
AOL uses the IE browsing engine.
You can use the mozilla control from http://crossover.codeweavers.com/redirect/mozcontrol.
So you don't need the IE.

See also: http://www.reactos.com/forum/viewtopic. ... la+control