The ReactOS Game

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

AcetoliNe

The ReactOS Game

Post by AcetoliNe »

Ok, it looks like the ReactOS game project is going on for real. Some may argue that a game is not the most important thing at the moment (they have a point), but in my opinion, it can't hurt to have some attention.
So I say we get on with this game. I started this thread topic so people can freely post their ideas and comments (maybe even negative, if you please) about the project.
There are lots of things that need to be done: We have to choose a game base and a project coordinator. We have to produce acceptable ReactOS art (something that hasn't been seriously done to this point). We have to produce ideas, and mix and match them until the result comes out gracefully.
I think this is a good idea and we can't let it pop.
(*braces for possible flame war*).
caveman LIKES chocolate.
we shall reinvent the wheel until it turns properly.
Sami

Post by Sami »

Floyd

Post by Floyd »

well not only does there need to be project lead but there needs to be discussion on what exactly this game is going to be and what resources/talent we'll need.

I'm not a (good or experienced) programmer but I have more experience designing game content (war3 maps, quake2 maps for example). Someone needs to be assigned as project leader, I can't do it because of Real Life (tm).
pax mei amici amorque et Iesus sacret omnia
Sami

Post by Sami »

We have already voted for the game type. Check wiki:
http://reactos.com/wiki/index.php/ReactOS_Game

It will be something like SuperTux, maybe we take the code from SuperTux or some other project...