Open Source, C++ aplications, ready to ship with ReactOS

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Haos
Test Team

Re: Open Source, C++ aplications, ready to ship with ReactOS

Post by Haos »

Those actually work both way, enabling you to trim Windows components and also slipstream updates and software packages to your WIN install.

Yazou

Post by Yazou »

hto wrote:I think it would be good to have a tool, which allows people to create their own customized CD images.
I think that if the customization (add softwares, ...) should be done during or after the installation by a package manager (i know there are not and maybe there won't) which connects to sofware repository (which means that the installer have to configure DHCP for that, if the customization is during the installation).
I know that is exactly like Linux Distro but at the same time, it's the best way to customize an OS, IMO.
hto wrote:These, as I understand, are more about removing Windows components. While I mean adding more software to bootcd and livecd.
nLite (not vLite, unless it has changed) allows to add softwares in the XP's CD with addons (silent install). And for the drivers, there is DriverPacks.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Sorry for my bad English.
My ReactOS stuff on MediaFire | Photobucket

hto
Developer

Post by hto »

But do they allow users to create their own addons from applications or only take them from winaddons site?
Yazou wrote: I think that if the customization (add softwares, ...) should be done during or after the installation by a package manager (i know there are not and maybe there won't) which connects to sofware repository (which means that the installer have to configure DHCP for that, if the customization is during the installation).
From ROSE maybe?

The123king

Post by The123king »

With a bit of knowledge and the RosBe, you can slipstream applications into the bootcd.