Audio Working on QEMU. ( AC97 )

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Haos
Test Team

Re: Audio Working on QEMU. ( AC97 )

Post by Haos » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:10 am

Binary only? Where are the sources?

theuserbl

Post by theuserbl » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:55 pm

Davy Bartoloni wrote:download: http://www.wcn.it/ReactIT009.exe ( 80Mb :( )
I would ask for the Sourcecode of ReactIT/EasyReactOS, too.
Its very nice.

theuserbl

Post by theuserbl » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:02 pm

@Davy:
I have now looked also at your homepage.
Nice writing also addistional programs, which supports ReactOS. :)

Update:
Oh, an additional note:
I have now seen, that you haven't included paint.exe by gyROS in your ReactIT 009.
Hope, that it will be included in a newer version.

Update2:
I just notized, that your included program ReactView comes also without Sourcecode. So please publish it, too.

Don't know, why you forget to publish the sources.
If you don't want to publish the sources, then it makes not much sence, to use your distro. When I want to use a closed-source system, then I could use the original: MS Windows.

Davy Bartoloni

Post by Davy Bartoloni » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:57 pm

hi theuserbl!
EasyReactos is ONLY a qemu launcher... nothing more.. it can be replaced by a simple .BAT( main window is only a PNG image with no text.. ) i have hurry to launch QEMU with new ac97 feature..and Ufficial Reactos Qemu-Gui can't do that.
the history of ReactView was here: http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic. ... iew#p45971
i made it only for a temporary use ( 1 year ago ) .. Last year I thought that the ufficial-viewer would be completed shortly...
and the animated bootlogo-trick was: http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6660

Sources are here: http://www.wcn.it/reactit/ReactIT_Sources.7z

React-IT is only a way to TRY REACTOS FOR EVERYDAY USE.. for a real demonstration of what Reactos CAN DO, nothing more. ( something like: use Winamp to play MP3 .. and not ReactOS Multimediaplayer .. that doesn't work at moment.. the same thing that reactos Audio-developer do for the audio-testing )
and Guardiano ReactOS 0.45-capability is a way to publicize the ReactOS project to all Guardiano-downloaders ( i think ReactOS 0.45 can surely launch an OpenGL application like Guardiano. )

[EDIT] Guardiano from release 6.37 is full ReactOS 0.3.9 compatible

there are others apps .. like the ReactosWebServer ... or the React-Task! .. written only to provide some temporary features..
This virtual-distro can explain to all my-friend what ReactOS can do TODAY... all the temporary apps are old-freeware... or Open ( Mplayer ).. or self-build freeware.

ummh.. i think windows paint ( or similar ) is very horrible, and can't be a valid demostration-tool. but .. on IT forum 1 month ago gyros paint was proposed.... i think on 0.10 release can be included.

[EDIT] today , 14-04-2009 22:46, React-IT updated to release 0.09D ( build 40501 .. some Janderwald audio fixes ) .. improved stability.
Last edited by Davy Bartoloni on Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:11 am, edited 4 times in total.

theuserbl

Post by theuserbl » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:36 pm

Davy Bartoloni wrote:there are others apps .. like the ReactosWebServer ... or the React-Task!
React-Task is nice, too. But why without Sourcecode?
Would be cool, if there would be an option, if you can see in React-Task the task as a list (like at the moment) or in tree form, so that you can graphical see, which process is sitting on which other process.
Davy Bartoloni wrote: .. written only to provide some temporary features..
This virtual-distro can explain to all my-friend what ReactOS can do TODAY... all the temporary apps are old-freeware... or Open ( Mplayer ).. or self-build freeware.
Yes. But why are the "self-build freeware"-programs are not OpenSource?

Greatings
theuserbl

theuserbl

Post by theuserbl » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:36 pm

Oh, what I have forgotten to say..
Davy Bartoloni wrote: .. written only to provide some temporary features...
If your programs would be OpenSource, it would be possible, that anybody other enhance the program and make something bigger and better of it, so that it is not only temporary.
For example some features of React-Task could be integrated in the ReactOS Taskmanager as enhancement.

Greatings
theuserbl

Nintendo Maniac 64

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:31 pm

EDIT: oh forget it... this was the 2nd time I asked and still nobody answered. I'm guessing nobody knows, so I'll just wait and see.
Last edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 on Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Davy Bartoloni

Post by Davy Bartoloni » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:59 pm

Greatings
theuserbl
now... I'm a Freeware developer.. some of my opensource codes are in the tutorial section... ( litle examples )
few Years Ago .. most of my open-source softwares was .... changed... Recompiled... sold.. ... STOLEN ... and i decided to abandon opensource.. ( at least for my applications )
only this... I love ReactOS, and i love Opensource.. but ... I have lost too much.

p.s. Updated ReacIT ( ROS build 40501 ) http://www.wcn.it/reactit.009.D.ReactOS ... x.Work.jpg

Pharaoh_Atem

Post by Pharaoh_Atem » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:43 am

Davy Bartoloni wrote:

Greatings
theuserbl
now... I'm a Freeware developer.. some of my opensource codes are in the tutorial section... ( litle examples )
few Years Ago .. most of my open-source softwares was .... changed... Recompiled... sold.. ... STOLEN ... and i decided to abandon opensource.. ( at least for my applications )
only this... I love ReactOS, and i love Opensource.. but ... I have lost too much.

p.s. Updated ReacIT ( ROS build 40501 ) http://www.wcn.it/reactit.009.D.ReactOS ... x.Work.jpg

Umm... the main idea behind open source software is to be able to "change," "recompile," and yes, even "sell" applications at the whim of the end user/developer who acquires the software. Stolen on the other hand, depends.... If it was open source and released, then there is no way it could be stolen, even if you required a fee to acquire binaries and such, because there is no real way to prove that it wasn't acquired by legal means. Perhaps your idea of "STOLEN" isn't really stealing, by any legal definition in terms of the open source license your apps were in.

Davy Bartoloni

Post by Davy Bartoloni » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:56 am

If it was open source and released, then there is no way it could be stolen,
you are right... probably i only hate to see a (ex)friend make money with my opensource apps...

vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:31 am

And what about the Source code under "CopyLeft" ?You can give permission to share,to change,but not to sell :)

Pharaoh_Atem

Post by Pharaoh_Atem » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:35 am

vicmarcal wrote:And what about the Source code under "CopyLeft" ?You can give permission to share,to change,but not to sell :)
Then it would be GPL incompatible. The GPL explicitly allows selling code. It would not be copyleft if you leave out the ability to sell.

vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:43 am

Ok..Copyleft as Creative Commons:
At least in Spain you have a Creative Commons Licence called: "Creative Commons by-nc"
A "Creative Commons by-nc" means that you licence your work to be changed,modified but always without Commercial objetives and always saying who is the author.
For Italy there is the same Licence please check it here:
http://creativecommons.org/international/it/

unofficialforum

Post by unofficialforum » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:30 am

yes he could use a creative commons license, they have them for many countries (for specific countries not listed, just use "unported.")

then he wouldn't be giving the right to sell the code, but people could recompile and sell it illegally. (which is totally unlike when they make illegal copies of windows and sell those.) but it has to be said that creative commons actually recommends against attaching cc licenses to software on their website. cc licenses are better for other forms of information.

Pharaoh_Atem

Post by Pharaoh_Atem » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:27 am

vicmarcal wrote:Ok..Copyleft as Creative Commons:
At least in Spain you have a Creative Commons Licence called: "Creative Commons by-nc"
A "Creative Commons by-nc" means that you licence your work to be changed,modified but always without Commercial objetives and always saying who is the author.
For Italy there is the same Licence please check it here:
http://creativecommons.org/international/it/
The FSF (which is what I based the definition of copyleft on) has already stated that all CC licenses with "-nc" clauses affixed to them do not conform to the copyleft definition. The DFSG does as well, but since its generally used for artwork only, they don't care too much. Their documentation would never be under a CC license with an "-nc" clause though. Finally, CC licenses were worded to protect works like documentation and art, not software code. CC licenses are not very effective for code.