1:1 MSPaint clone - not ? but !

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Kario

Re: 1:1 MSPaint clone - not ? but !

Post by Kario »

hi, gyros, no, slovak has still a problem... i will look at it better.

here you are more shortcuts in rsrc.rc (maybe they should be own for each lang-file)

Nintendo Maniac 64

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 »

gyROS wrote:The default size will stay 3x3 pixels.
(I'm using a 1680x1050 display as well, and I do not see any problems with resizing the image. So either you have bad eyes or a bad mouse)
I'm guessing that's an LCD screen? Remember, LCD's are MUCH sharper than CRT monitors, small pixel-sized things are much easier to see. Also, the physical size of your screen (AKA in inches) is going to make a difference too.
Last edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 on Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gyROS

Post by gyROS »

@Nintendo Maniac 64:
I also used msPaint on a 15" screen with 1024x768 pixels and I didn't have any problems either. Just let people decide on their own, whether they want to manually adjust it or not.

@Kairo:
I've no idea where the problem could be. I hope you don't mind, if I don't include your rsrc.rc but move the entire accelerators section to the language files instead.
When displayed with windows Latin 1 (like all the others) the Slovak rc seems to look fine. Might it be the wrong one?

I'm experimenting with tool bar controls at the moment, so maybe the next update will already have the "toolbar tool box" (will look much the same, though).

hto
Developer

Post by hto »

Slovak should use Windows-1250, not Latin-1.

Nintendo Maniac 64

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 »

As long as the size of the resize squares can be adjusted, I'm fine with that. You just made it sound like in your previous post before the last that you were going to leave it at 3x3 without an option for resizing as well, so I freaked out a little. :P
Last edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 on Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

SpoonmAn

Post by SpoonmAn »

i am also fine with the resize option, and since i do not use mspaint to much anyway i maybe would not even recognize if you would not implement this. i just wanted to give my opinion on usability. btw, what is the cost of having them like double the size? i do not see any disadvantages.

Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack »

Hy,

Mandriva 2008.1 / Wine 1.1.16 / + div. libarys with winetricks

[ external image ]

best regards
Blacky

gyROS

Post by gyROS »

I've recently tested it in wine 1.1.16 myself. The program itself works a little better than in the 0.9xxx version I had before, but the HtmlHelp viewer seems to be broken. I've written a chm help file using microsoft's HtmlHelp workshop in the past days and it worked fine in that wine version. This one does not display any images in the help file.

post scriptum: If you accidently know if there is a possibility to create multi lingual chm file, tell me. Until now there is only the German one. (writing an English one would take me at least fife times as long, therefore I personally won't offer an English one)
This is the current version of the CHM file: http://www.freenet-homepage.de/meinstuss/Paint.chm

cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

Until now there is only the German one. (writing an English one would take me at least fife times as long, therefore I personally won't offer an English one)
Good idea! Concentrate yourself on what YOU want, and let the community do what's missing.

For example, once it's translated in English (as I don't understand German), I could translate it in French.

gyROS

Post by gyROS »

The next time I update the uploaded zip file, you will find a folder called 'help' in there. Since the chm is compiled from ordinary html files, you can then use whatever machine translation you like. I think if it is revised by a native speaker, that solution will be quite okay.

Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack »

hy GyRos,

humm, not pain.exe linking, link a zipfile with the source+execute-file+help-file/folder
and some other files on it of the zipfile, maby be it 1 or 1,5mb-file but all in one..

the idea it is not so jung, a coummunity it is a group who helping between the other.
(if i had right wrote*s*) were have the same goal to working to on it..
here we are have an NT-System with Win32-Sub and Paint it is an pease of it..
one goal for all in the Community, Reactos.

best Regards
Blacky

betaluva

Post by betaluva »

thought this might help: http://david90.freeservers.com/tutorial ... al_16.html
( for anyone who wants to create a ENGLISH help file )

gyROS

Post by gyROS »

Err..., to be honest, I do not think that this will be of ANY help.
Reason: The program uses compiled html help files (CHM).
(As you might know, windows vista does not even ship with a viewer for the old HLP format)

betaluva

Post by betaluva »

does this help? : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... layLang=en( for anyone who wants to create a ENGLISH help file )

Kario

Post by Kario »

hi, anything new? still no subversion system? please update the sources and add the help into them