1:1 MSPaint clone - not ? but !

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

gyROS

Re: 1:1 MSPaint clone - not ? but !

Post by gyROS » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:41 pm

Still no subversion system. But quite a lot of changes:

1. ACCELERATORS resource moved to language resource files -> localizable (in most cases already done)
2. CHM-Help available (use: help->help topics) (currently I've no idea how to internationalize this)
3. Dialogs support Enter and Esc keys now (using IDOK, IDCANCEL instead of custom identifiers)
4. Program info (help->Info) displays program specific information
5. Basic experimental load from file function (hardly usable)
The image is not updated automatically, use the zoom function to do so.

The exe is no longer online, neither the old source package. You'll find the current link in my signature.

Kario

Post by Kario » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:16 pm

hi, about the subversion, maybe ReactOS applications (rosapps) can adopt your sources, you should speak about this with devs ;-)

ah, and one new information gyROS: i dont know whats your default system codepage, but when i compile the sources (after some problems with linker and libhtmlhelp.a library) on my vista, the codepage problem (about which i write before) disappears... .

gyROS

Post by gyROS » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:56 pm

Sounds interesting, but due to windows vista's "You needn't decide, we'll do that for you"-mentality I've no idea where to look. I didn't find a way to adjust the code page settings until now. Maybe I'm just to stupid, but I think, Microsoft's "user friendliness" does not make it easy.

hto
Developer

Post by hto » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:54 am

If other encoding does not work, try to recode in UTF-8. When RC file is in UTF-8,

Code: Select all

#pragma code_page(65001)
#pragma code_page(default)
should be used as in this file.

Kario

Post by Kario » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:46 am

as i know, this program isnt in UTF... but yes, maybe we can use #pragma code_page(1250) in slovak resources...

gyROS

Post by gyROS » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:05 pm

I had a closer look at the code pages win Latin 1 and win Latin 2 (1252, 1250). Since most of the differing characters are letters I did not notice any damage when importing your language file.
Kario wrote:as i know, this program isnt in UTF... but yes, maybe we can use #pragma code_page(1250) in slovak resources...
I'll try it.
By the way: To everyone who also downloaded the program: Are the menu items/shortcuts okay?

Ged
Developer

Post by Ged » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:01 pm

gyROS,

I've just had a quick look through the source, it's easily up to a standard that it could be included in our source control.
If you like, I can get you access to our rosapps repository where you can continue to develop it there.
You'll obviously get your status bumped up to reactos developer as a result of this.

It's up to you.

Ged.

gyROS

Post by gyROS » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:53 pm

Ged wrote:it's easily up to a standard that it could be included in our source control.
Well, I tried my very best to achieve this.
Ged wrote:If you like, I can get you access to our rosapps repository where you can continue to develop it there.
An attractive offer. If it's integrated into the ReactOS source tree, that would be rather sensible, you're right.
Some kind of subversion organization would surely ease up translation etc. Moreover as part of ReactOS the program could profit from the increased number of testers.

But I'd be thankful if all that can wait until my current examination block at school is finished. (12 days to be precise) :wink:

Ged
Developer

Post by Ged » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:59 pm

ok, just send me a pm or something when you're ready

Lone_Rifle
Test Team

Post by Lone_Rifle » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:00 pm

gyROS wrote:But I'd be thankful if all that can wait until my current examination block at school is finished. (12 days to be precise) :wink:
tsk tsk you've distracted him Ged. it's gonna affect his grades :wink:

Kario

Post by Kario » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:51 am

gyROS wrote:
I had a closer look at the code pages win Latin 1 and win Latin 2 (1252, 1250). Since most of the differing characters are letters I did not notice any damage when importing your language file.
gyROS look at this picture (my own build without pragma):

now you can see what is different :wink:

Nintendo Maniac 64

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:25 am

I have a suggestion regarding the "invert selection", "delete selection", and the editing functions in the 'Image' menu and how MSpaint does it.

You don't need seperate "invert selection" and "delete selection" functions in the 'Edit' menu. In MSpaint, if you have something selected and you choose something in the 'Image' menu (like "invert" or "rotate") it'll only effect the selected area. If nothing is selected, it'll just effect the entire image like normal.

And I still think you should put in 1200% and 1600% zoom... 800% was barely enough for me today when I was doing some pixel editing (no I won't make my res any lower - it's at 1280x960 since I watch 720p videos frequently). It's kinda annoying to always try to click the line below 8x zoom to get larger (it's like 9x or 10x or something).
Last edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 on Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hto
Developer

Post by hto » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:55 pm

The picture looks exactly like the text is interpreted in CP-1252 encoding instead of CP-1250…

Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:28 pm

It may help to track down the issue, that ReactOS Calculator does very similar thing when downloaded from SF.net, but executable built as part of ReactOS itself is fine.

dcuny

Post by dcuny » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:47 pm

There's a refresh bug under WinXP. When a bitmap is initially loaded, the canvas remains white until the window receives a mouse click event.

It also doesn't resize the canvas to the size of the bitmap. Hrm... I see that resize doesn't work anyway, so that must be a know bug. :wink:

There's no icon for the application when toggling through the app list (Alt+Tab).

You should check the file header to make sure it's a valid bitmap (or whatever). Loading something like a .exe causes Paint to crash.

You might have noticed that the mouse pointers in MSPaint have a white outline to make them more visible against a dark background. You might want to do the same to yours.

Nice work. :)