1:1 MSPaint clone - not ? but !

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

gyROS

Re: 1:1 MSPaint clone - not ? but !

Post by gyROS » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:39 pm

But now it's finally fixed (exe updated).

betaluva

Post by betaluva » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:06 am

i know this a minor issue but can you change the menus to english? or release a english version,its hard to test the app when you dont know what the menus say. thx

Apal

Post by Apal » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:41 pm

OK now you can have plenty of time to code till version 0.3.9 :)
I'd like to see it as part of ReactOS, like winemine,roscalc etc.
Great work m8! :)

vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:58 pm

Well maybe it can be included in 0.3.8, it´s a temporal branch and including an .exe shouldnt break anything.So you can have possibilities to have it included in 0.3.8.

;)
Last edited by vicmarcal on Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoBusto

Post by GoBusto » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:09 pm

vicmarcal wrote:Well maybe it can be included in 0.3.8, it´s a temporal branch and including an .exe should break anything.So you can have possibilities to have it included in 0.3.8.

;)
It doesn't seem to work too well in 0.3.8-prerelease (under VirtualBox 2.1.2, at least). The buttons on the left are all blank and the drawing tools don't work correctly.

I'd just hold out for 0.3.9 - hopefully the drawing issues will have been sorted out by then, and it'll work Well Good, Mate™.

EDIT: For those of you who wish to try it out: Grab 0.3.8-prerelease from http://reactos.colinfinck.de/ and install it. Use Download! to get Firefox 2.0 and then use it to visit this thread.
Last edited by GoBusto on Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gabrielilardi
Moderator Team

Post by gabrielilardi » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:10 pm

vicmarcal wrote:Well maybe it can be included in 0.3.8, it´s a temporal branch and including an .exe should break anything.So you can have possibilities to have it included in 0.3.8.

;)
Doubtful, we should include the sources in tree and compile it to include it in the 0.3.8. Of course it could be added to the downloader list, but that's another story.

gyROS

Post by gyROS » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:54 pm

Let's wait for the 0.39 release then.

The reason is, that I'll need far more than just a few days for completion / bug fixes / internationalization / code reordering etc.
I think, downloading just one additional exe file is not too difficult.

Bundled apps should be there to ease finding api-bugs and that's rarely possible with an incomplete and buggy program.

Once the program is complete and more or less bug free reactos could include 2 versions: one (the normal one) for finding those api bugs and another one (employing some hacks) for use in reactos.

DangerGround
Website Coordinator

Post by DangerGround » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:03 pm

no hacks

vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:10 pm

Well if the problems are related to the Gyros Paint code then it must be fixed before adding to the release.
But if the problem comes from ReactOS issues,then i think it should be included,we have a lot of problems with Winepad or NotePad.
Having paint.exe included will be an easy way to test and check all our graphics issues.

GYROS dont use hacks, we must make ReactOS works as Windows no making apps to fit ReactOS. Why?Because finding ReactOS bug with your paint.exe will do developers make patches for them and more Apps will be working. Hacking your Apps will hide real bugs.

Your APP is a big testcase,to test Reactos graphics and message parsing.

;)
Last edited by vicmarcal on Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smiley
Developer

Post by Smiley » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:10 pm

gyROS wrote:Let's wait for the 0.39 release then.

The reason is, that I'll need far more than just a few days for completion / bug fixes / internationalization / code reordering etc.
I think, downloading just one additional exe file is not too difficult.

Bundled apps should be there to ease finding api-bugs and that's rarely possible with an incomplete and buggy program.

Once the program is complete and more or less bug free reactos could include 2 versions: one (the normal one) for finding those api bugs and another one (employing some hacks) for use in reactos.
Hi gyROS,
this is a very nice cole of mspaint! The earlier you open the source the more drawing bugs will be fixed in reactos. It is omportant for the developers to see the code that can cause a drawing bug in order to fix it. About the two versions you suggest Reactos developers will reject this at one. I'm sure that they will bundle the app with no hacks even if it doesn't work well in reactos

Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:17 pm

It would have to be localized to English at a bare minimum before we could consider it.

gyROS

Post by gyROS » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:06 pm

GYROS dont use hacks, we must make ReactOS works as Windows no making apps to fit ReactOS
Okey, okey, the only thing I wanted to suggest is making a second program using workarounds for those bugs that might easily hide others. e.g. if the entire painting would not work (partly the case), it would be impossible to find other ros bugs in the painting tools. (This way one could fix smaller bugs, also if a fix for the major bug is far away)

But forget about it, we aren't at this point yet, first everything needs to be working in windows.
Custom cursors are included now.

What do you think is the best way to go? Load/save file first or custom dialogs first?
And one more question: Does ROS have a *.CHM viewer? *.HLP is a little outdated, since winxp itself isn't using it anymore and win vista does not even include a viewer (WINHELP.EXE).

Kario

Post by Kario » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:21 am

small offtopic
missing functions:
1. CTRL+F for fullscreen
2. CTRL+G and "show grid"
3. Recent
4. Print
5. Print Preview
6. Set/save as wallpaper
7. Scan
8. Send
9. Page setup
10. when no more undo / redo then make grayed the menu items

hmm... as i see all hotkeys combinations

Kario

Post by Kario » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:44 am

we have hh.exe and winhlp32.exe but i dont know if they are really ready to use...

Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:37 pm

winhlp32.exe was found yesterday to throw exception at startup, so that surely won't run.