well done

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

dsb

well done

Post by dsb »

Just downloaded the live cd of reactos 0.2.6, and captured it in virtual pc 6 on my G4 1.2 Ghz ibook. Less than 10 seconds later I'm in the GUI desktop. nice

Also then captured some native win32 exe files I wanted to try. And success straight away with isilo (a document reader that is written for windows, palm, symbian amongst others --- but not osx).

Well it's great to see reactos coming along and furthermore, great to realise that there are other ways I can run win32 exe files without having to run a virtual pc with MS operating systems.

keep up the good work

dsb
mf
Developer

Re: well done

Post by mf »

dsb wrote:great to realise that there are other ways I can run win32 exe files without having to run a virtual pc with MS operating systems.
This'll be even more fun with projects such as Darwine :).
dsb

darwine

Post by dsb »

yeah I hear what you are saying and I can't wait till it's done. All those that are working on this stuff must be very clever.

I'm just a bit sad that I haven't seen much progress on darwine for quite a while. Would love to hear some recent news.
mf
Developer

Post by mf »

Honestly, I look forward to telling my children horror stories of how different computing architectures used to be incompatible with eachother and the stranglehold that Microsoft used to have on the software market, ending with a peaceful chuckle, "Thank god those days are over, right kids?".