Reactos Cerficated Driver Database of Manufacturer

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Blackcrack

Reactos Cerficated Driver Database of Manufacturer

Post by Blackcrack »

Hy,

a suggestion..

A Database for Manifacturer who have any Manufacturer his own login and driverdatabase
who can get direckt online the Driverconnectivity for Ros-Systems.
The Administration can make by a neutral Person or Persons who be
become the muny of it from the Databaseaccounts if it's big enough..

This DB for Reactos SystemHardware (PC/PS/XBox/or some) and later some
plugins and Software-driver be ever actual and can be ever updated by the Factorys..

And this Driverlibary can direckt be as addin on reactos if it's go online..

and the end by Fact, Reactos give the Factorys a place to get the endusers direcktly
the actual drivers/updates who newest be..

so can work Reactos hand by hand with the Factorys and varios developer/manufacturers of
drivers like a Portal with Accounts.

one part, direcktly installing by Systemcheck and online-driver-check
other part,
download a setup or a zip for installing offline and on driver-cd :mrgreen:

so can by online, kick and klack developing a driverdistriebution for his own Computer ;)
or a driverpack for making a distriebution for his self computer.. or other things..

best Regards
Blacky
kevinski

Re: Reactos Cerficated Driver Database of Manufacturer

Post by kevinski »

I was thinking of something like this recently, as well, although I didn't think of having hardware manufacturers being given direct access for submission of new drivers. Honestly, I doubt that this would work well if manufacturers were expected to submit new drivers, especially when you consider how many manufacturers are out there and how few of them probably even know about ReactOS.

Anyway, will there be a centralized driver repository for ReactOS? And will it somehow be integrated into the update system that ReactOS will (hopefully) utilize (similar to Microsoft Update or Windows Update, but handled more similarly to how it's done in Windows Vista, in that it's an application within the OS, rather than just a separate Web site)?
[ Web | kevinski.com ] [ Wii | 7030 8283 2535 8378 ]
Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack »

hy :)

shold be a separate webside and a api target solution, once for direcktly installing if online
(or networkdriver be installed..) like a snapin.. (system know wich hardware inside and take
a look online on the Driverdb and the Driverpage to downloading for offline installing if the
enduser it whant....

best regards
Blacky
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Highly doubt we would do this. Don't have the manpower or the bandwidth. Besides, MS is already doing it for us since we shouldn't be requiring companies to tweak their drivers for ROS.
Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack »

Hy,

hummm.....now be bad times for nvidia.. we can make a little help to Nvidia, Nvidia can help the
reactos Project on Open Source(modern thinking) and Reactos can help Nvidia to become better work..
if you know what i mean... help on bad times and you can become strong frends... it is only must be
only to take a try .. Z98 ... i think Nvidia have enough bandwide and Computers to help Reactos in
upcomming times with some things and Manpower... Z98 you be one of the peoples who can
say a word.. maby to Nvidia... try to make frends in higher positions......
on this times it is be a change.. try it out.. Z98
But, try to go to the Head of Nvidia.. other way's be failed.. so i think..
and questions on the right places be not need muny... :mrgreen:

best Regards
Blacky
kevinski

Post by kevinski »

What good is it that Windows drivers will work if there's no system in place to automatically detect and install said drivers? You can't expect ReactOS to catch on if there isn't some ease of setup in that the drivers and whatnot are automatically available. There are a lot of pre-built PC's out there, and the vast majority of those systems' builders don't provider driver discs.
[ Web | kevinski.com ] [ Wii | 7030 8283 2535 8378 ]
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Generally people who actually install operating systems know how to get drivers. We don't have the problem of Linux distros where getting a driver is generally a hassle, so long as the hardware company itself still exists. Everyone else just uses whatever came with their computer. And if a company sold ROS preinstalled, it really is that company's job to have already installed the drivers.
Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack »

Hy,

Hy, know how become the drivers... humm, why not make easyerly for that.
that it is what i mean.. ... "so long as the hardware company itself still exists. "
oky, take on a look on mirro magic 3D 6Mbmemory ... andwho become you the latest
drivers or the drivers who work at the best.. it is a exemple.. if was on this time
give a big driverdatabase who can store the .. some drivers so can downloaded
them drivers at this time too.. for them "old" hardware but... it's funtioning...
who make it if not we make it or make a start to make it.. to become some drivers
in the next 50 oder more jears for "old" funtioning Hardware .... who you become
official the latest SB-Drivers for you VBox-emulation.. or a mad16 Sound Card in diffrent versions...
Video7 64 Bit who had Buy S3 was a grate Videocard on this times... !!!
diffrent Backup-streaming-software or drivers for some streamers..
or other hardware where it is still worth just to have drivers...
not on a database at moment, no, you mus search an some ftp's worldwide..
if exist so a Driver-Database for the next 10,20,50 or 100 Jears in times of terraharddisks or more
( i buy me in the next Day's a 1terrabyteHDD) ...
the point of it, it is to have a Headquarter / or a generally run on Point to have...
not need surf araound the net to search the spezials Factory, no, in a union to
have a general starting point to have. Not commerzial like Treiber.de or other one,
no, direcktly privided from the Factorys for providing directly to the drivers at a starting point.
At same to have a Driverdatabase like kde-look or so, but as driver-Database...
Try on kde4.X change the oxigene-theme and go on kde-look and take a look on
them themes.. (right klick on Desktop in kde and change settings of Desktop)
it's in one Database, but it's give a page to manualy downloading...
The other it's a api who call the database of kde-look.org for some themes...

the same, but with drivers.. ;) i hope you see what i mean :mrgreen:

best regards
Blacky
preston
Developer

Post by preston »

Blackcrack wrote: i hope you see what i mean :mrgreen:
I don't. Please try to make your posts more coherent or stop posting.

On topic: I fully agree with Z98, why wasting our time? ROS should be just made compatible so we can benefit from MS's work :-)
Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack »

Hy Preston,

but... i bet with you if have Reactos more Support from the Hardwaremanufacturer and it
is give drivers from hardware who was manufating at last 10 or older jears and the User
can go on to a free Manufacturers Driver Store place and can download drivers..
humm of a fist S3 Grafics card drivers with 2mb Memory .. do you know, were be the drivers..
or a correckt qic80-backup soft who make/emulate the qic-80 as a normaly Drive with 120mb !!
Or, i had say it a Mad16 Soundcards.. it was 2-4 diffrent mad16 on the way ... or so ...
the actual Drivers, or take a look on the TNT64bit be care in the next 20 jears dont see
them drivers anywere.. but.. what it is if you need it ? .... the small manufactuere have a
plattform you can get the biosupdates or drivers or some what for Millions diffrent Hardware...
And Reactos it's behind of it.. hummm.... with some Hardwaremanufacturer as Partners..
Do you think not to it's a spezialy extra to go on Reactos.. and if exist this database if Reactos go
to Beta and the Drivers be supporting.. only onse on the network of internet and the rest of
actual drivers be automatical installed.. easy, fast and not manny work to have a fully running
Ros on the way.. this it's a way to make it easyly...

(if you can't understand or you dont like the tread, why do you posting on it Dude ;) Not everyone is as perfect as you Dude)

best regards
Blacky
BOT_ev

Post by BOT_ev »

Not everyone is as perfect as you Dude
Well ... its not about perfection its about spelling my friend ;) I don`t have bad feelings about you just can`t understand your posts ... like Preston and many, many others here ;).
Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack »

Hy BOT_ev,

this be open Word's and i honor it ! It's totaly correckt, but maby... if it is not correckt
understand or cant read.. how what evers.. so mus not be to understand or read it.....
If i read a krickelkrackel german, but it is a try so i see it and say. oky, the next one
will be better, maby it need's feew jears but.. it is not the language that parties
within the meaning what one makes of ...
can anyone try to translation it in real englisch, so that the children are in agreement with it ?

thank's

best regards
Blacky
coldReactive

Post by coldReactive »

ReactOS only needs generic drivers to run your computer. Your real drivers can then be obtained later. This keeps ReactOS small as there's not many cabs like in windows. I think it's a great idea, though there are downsides to it. Many people who can't find their drivers will have to learn how to get the drivers themselves or get someone to do it for them (like my grandmother.)

There's also the possibility that proprietary/official drivers for some hardware will not be available anymore because they're too old, the website may no longer exist, or the company itself is now gone or been bought out and the new company doesn't wish to continue support for such products.
Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack »

jea, only a netconnection by boot like dns or so and the rest it's make the drivermanager by self, connect to the driverdatabase by reactos or ROS-Community-Driverdb and download&install by plug&play, the same, take this cenario :

Hardwaremanufacturer make a new hardware card, store the drivers at start on the Database at first on ROS-free-Driver-Sore and them sold this Hardware ... the User integrate the Hardware and boot up and
Reactos autmatical install the buyed Hardware :mrgreen:

Iyeru you see it right :) the same with the drivers like miro magic 16mb memory and voodoo drivers..
and other, other other old drivers too... if no support no driverpage too.. like S3 and Elsa...
if it's give some Driver Server Composite with Manufacturer of Hardwares as Recource Centre Ros of
some Drivers...
humm you see .. :)

but, we need a Serversponsor for it or more as one... !!
at best more Hardwaremanufactuer who make a composite for a free Driverserver...

best regards
Blacky
forart

Post by forart »

Users' HW configs database would be useful, IMHO. 8)
»Forward Agency NPO
In progress we (always) trust.