ReactOS 0.3.7

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Heis Spiter

Re: ReactOS 0.3.7

Post by Heis Spiter »

nute wrote:For filesystem support, how is the unimplemented filesystem runtime library coming along?
Hi,
FsRtl development has been slow down. Anyway, many implementations have been done and should be merge for ReactOS 0.3.7 if Aleksey has some time.
Pierre Schweitzer (aka Heis Spiter)
ReactOS kernel developer.
ReactOS systems administrator.

Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

@crhylove

Blame Linux. On windows you just start a service, set up Vbox to its namepipe and connect any telnet client to localhost:567...

nute

Post by nute »

Concerning the road map, update it please.

As far as ReactOS 0.3.7 being released this month is concerned, will it come out in the next 48 hours?
That is roughly the amount of time left in September.

crhylove

Post by crhylove »

I don't know.... blaming Linux doesn't seem like it would help in any way.

rhY

Shawhifox

Post by Shawhifox »

September is the "earliest" release date. Patience...

andrewweb

Post by andrewweb »

Iyeru wrote:
Angelus wrote:Be patient, young Jedi, give time to time. Impatience leads to the Dark Side.
Not all "Dark sides" are bad, sometimes the dark side helps the side of light. Also keep in mind, the more you ask, the more they may delay.
Ahh... but Vista leads to fear, fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering(or ReactOS, in some cases)

nute

Post by nute »

Excuse me, what is up with listing my ISP and my IP address? Am I being threatened? I hope that asking about 0.3.7 isn't enough reason for someone to go after me to try and get me kicked off the Net. I hope that information relevant to this subject shows up in the thread, but so far what I see are calls for patience and other uninformative posts. How did someone know that I'm running Linux anyways?

hefner

Post by hefner »

ohh man ...
your browser sends your os + his own name to the server ...
every server in the net which you're direct communicate knows your IP (else he wouldnt know to replay at)
With your IP your ISP can be identified...

but overall -> its only a picture (with some informations, the server knows about you) , and it shows this information only to you !!!

No Fear !

preston
Developer

Post by preston »

nute wrote:... How did someone know that I'm running Linux anyways? ...
I know it 'cos you've just told us.

crhylove

Post by crhylove »

I switch OSes almost momentarily. Does your little avatar know I'm in a virtual machine?!?! :P

coldReactive

Post by coldReactive »

nute wrote:Excuse me, what is up with listing my ISP and my IP address? Am I being threatened? I hope that asking about 0.3.7 isn't enough reason for someone to go after me to try and get me kicked off the Net. I hope that information relevant to this subject shows up in the thread, but so far what I see are calls for patience and other uninformative posts. How did someone know that I'm running Linux anyways?
It's a dynamic image that only tells you about you. No one else can see that information but you as well as the admin of this website.

steveh

Post by steveh »

>It's a dynamic image that only tells you about you. No one else can see that information but you as well as the admin of this website.

Well. When reactos 0.3.7 comes out tomorrow or next Saturday, i will install it in a virtual machine, hopeful Firefox 3.0.x works and i can see what the little penguin reports about my reactos 0.3.7 in virtual machine.

:)

GoBusto

Post by GoBusto »

steveh wrote:>It's a dynamic image that only tells you about you. No one else can see that information but you as well as the admin of this website.

Well. When reactos 0.3.7 comes out tomorrow or next Saturday, i will install it in a virtual machine, hopeful Firefox 3.0.x works and i can see what the little penguin reports about my reactos 0.3.7 in virtual machine.

:)
Well, Firefox 3.0 works right now... so long as you don't mind the text being a mess, and bits of the GUI not redisplaying unless you move your mouse over them.

cppm

Post by cppm »

nute wrote:Excuse me, what is up with listing my ISP and my IP address? Am I being threatened? I hope that asking about 0.3.7 isn't enough reason for someone to go after me to try and get me kicked off the Net. I hope that information relevant to this subject shows up in the thread, but so far what I see are calls for patience and other uninformative posts. How did someone know that I'm running Linux anyways?
Now I know why I logged on today :lol:

Ged
Developer

Post by Ged »

Hahaha, brilliant.
Some people shouldn't be allowed computers