Adobe is opening the sources of Flash

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Post Reply
Guennie1568
Posts: 427
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:46 pm
Location: Germany, Bavarya, Neumarkt
Contact:

Adobe is opening the sources of Flash

Post by Guennie1568 »

As readed in german forum, Adobe is opening the source code of Flash.
Now we can fiew and develop Flash for ReactOS.

Related Links:
Adobe gibt Sourcen von Flash frei
Original News on Adobe website

I think, this will be good news for us :)
Hurray! Congratulations, Adobe!
Guennie1568
ROS-Fan und X2Pandora Audioeditor

Haos
Test Team
Posts: 2954
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:42 am
Contact:

Post by Haos »

Great news, but this thread should be in offtopic.

coldReactive
Posts: 581
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:42 pm

Re: Adobe is opening the sources of Flash

Post by coldReactive »

Guennie1568 wrote:As readed in german forum, Adobe is opening the source code of Flash.
Now we can fiew and develop Flash for ReactOS.
braaamp, flash player and adobe air; not flash itself. When you say flash, it means to a lot of people the editor. No where on that page (always trust the original news page before trusting another language) does it say the editor itself will be open source. Mind you, there's already a flash for linux in development (from scratch it seems.)

http://f4l.sourceforge.net/

The last update was last year though. -_-

Speedator
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:42 pm

Re: Adobe is opening the sources of Flash

Post by Speedator »

Guennie1568 wrote:Now we can fiew and develop Flash for ReactOS.
I don't really know, why you think we need to develop it for ReactOS?
"Flash"(player, designer...) for Windows should nativly run ob ReactOS, so there is no need for. To delevop a Flash editor or player(gnash) open source is not really a ReactOS-specific task. ;)

Guennie1568
Posts: 427
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:46 pm
Location: Germany, Bavarya, Neumarkt
Contact:

Post by Guennie1568 »

Oh :o
I think, I had written wrong. Of course, ROS can run Flash natively.
But now, we can develop it itself for us.
Guennie1568
ROS-Fan und X2Pandora Audioeditor

cppm
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 10:03 pm

Post by cppm »

Guennie1568 wrote:Oh :o
I think, I had written wrong. Of course, ROS can run Flash natively.
But now, we can develop it itself for us.
No
Because it's not open source :roll:

The specification, which they promise to release, may be useful to the Gnash project et al. But ReactOS? Why?

.aart3k
Posts: 339
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:21 am

Post by .aart3k »

They will provide API for porting Flash onto other platforms, Flash (player) itself remains closed.

But open specs are nice to see, good turn against Silverlight

coldReactive
Posts: 581
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:42 pm

Post by coldReactive »

.aart3k wrote:They will provide API for porting Flash onto other platforms, Flash (player) itself remains closed.

But open specs are nice to see, good turn against Silverlight
To quote adobe:
The Open Screen Project is working to enable a consistent runtime environment – taking advantage of Adobe® Flash® Player and, in the future, Adobe AIR™
Note they said "Player"

cppm
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 10:03 pm

Post by cppm »

Iyeru wrote: To quote adobe:
The Open Screen Project is working to enable a consistent runtime environment – taking advantage of Adobe® Flash® Player and, in the future, Adobe AIR™
Note they said "Player"
Note that nowhere do they specifically say that they're going to put the source code of flash player under an open source, let alone GPL compatible, license.

Be wary of false gifts

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yeti [Bot] and 3 guests