MS Office 2000 works with latest build!!!

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Post Reply
Epmak
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:37 pm

MS Office 2000 works with latest build!!!

Post by Epmak » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:21 am

subj

reub2000
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:54 pm
Location: Evanston, IL, US

Post by reub2000 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:55 am

Got a screenshot?

I guess it's not that supprising. ReactOS uses parts of wine. Codeweavers who created a fork of wine to run office, contributes code back to wine.

Jaix
Moderator Team
Posts: 838
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:40 pm
Location: Sweden, Växjö

Re: MS Office 2000 works with latest build!!!

Post by Jaix » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:37 pm

Epmak wrote:MS Office 2000 works with latest build!!!
April the 1st - right?
Last edited by Jaix on Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zoken
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:35 pm
Location: Belgium

Post by zoken » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:49 pm

OpenOffice work, it is not surprissing if Office 2000 work with the lastest build

Dr. Fred
Developer
Posts: 607
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:09 pm
Location: Amsterdam

Re: MS Office 2000 works with latest build!!!

Post by Dr. Fred » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:01 pm

Jaix wrote:
Epmak wrote:subj
MS Office 2000 works with latest build!!!
April the 1st - right?
Ohh, no.

Pentiumforever
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:47 pm
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
Contact:

Post by Pentiumforever » Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:51 pm

zoken wrote:OpenOffice work, it is not surprissing if Office 2000 work with the lastest build
no when its real then its surprising!

yes office 200 works under wine and reactos use some libarys from wine but the most important thing for the works of applications is the user32.dll and we cant share this with wine!

st
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:00 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Post by st » Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:01 pm

It works with revision 14415!

Dr. Fred
Developer
Posts: 607
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:09 pm
Location: Amsterdam

Post by Dr. Fred » Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:05 pm

st wrote:It works with revision 14415!
Do you have screenshots ? If not I only beleave if someone posts it again tomorrow.

ScoTTie
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:40 am

Post by ScoTTie » Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:39 am

Just tried it with 14431 and nothing happens when running the installer, i get further trying to install Office XP.

Epmak
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:37 pm

Post by Epmak » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:19 am

ScoTTie wrote:Just tried it with 14431 and nothing happens when running the installer, i get further trying to install Office XP.
Due of hardware failure all patches required to run MS OFfice on top of ReactOS were lost.
Next deadline for resubmition of all patches is April 1st, 2006.

PS: But I feel that great guys behind this project can make it sooner.

jnolles
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:24 pm
Location: Fryslân

Post by jnolles » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:44 am

eeeh Lolbroek! :lol:

Meklort
Posts: 175
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Post by Meklort » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:37 pm

Epmak wrote:
ScoTTie wrote:Just tried it with 14431 and nothing happens when running the installer, i get further trying to install Office XP.
Due of hardware failure all patches required to run MS OFfice on top of ReactOS were lost.
Next deadline for resubmition of all patches is April 1st, 2006.

PS: But I feel that great guys behind this project can make it sooner.
I hope that is an april fools joke, becase, what hardware failure?

w3seek
Developer
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:12 am

Post by w3seek » Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:46 pm

lol nice one :lol: unfortunately i'm late ;)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot] and 2 guests