ReactOS X64 - (Adapt or Die)

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Sould we at some point add 64Bit Support

Yes - Hybrid Kernel (x86/x64)
70%
Yes - 64Bit Only
20%
No - I see no point
3%
I Don't Care
7%

Total votes: 60

SdC

Post by SdC »

linuxgx wrote:For starters lets get ReactOs to a point where we can compile it ontop of it's self. I personaly use OS-X to compile ReactOS. .
Apparently, it can now, I'm still trying to build a working image for this: http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5262
Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack »

Haos wrote:Oh yeah, sure, another great idea... not only we do not have enough programmers for our own needs, now we should get more of them to help x64 gcc/binutils? Are you sane Blackrack? You do not mean this seriously...?
you can say it other.. pffhh.. let me be..

hey Haos, grate thinker.. who is you ideas, I try it at least....

let me be in future please, Haos.. !

@SpoonmAn : You can perhaps others in his ton, or can you say you are happy with a draw .. Thank you ..

Blackcrack
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

I have nothing against you trying. Just rethink those ideas twice before you post them.

@linuxgx

I dont agree with you. We will gain nothing by attending other projects as everyone is concentrated on their own work
Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack »

Haos wrote:I have nothing against you trying. Just rethink those ideas twice before you post them.
you dont mus read it, you dont mus answer it.. not ever been
you mean Haos, you not god ! So, let me in pease and there
is no truble. Fullstop. Once and for all.

Blackcrack
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

...and "you dont mus write it" down here.
Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack »

aha .. no decency ... you be the last.. no, smaller as it......
You have to do with your post the tread kidnaped .. fine, thank you ..
Of course, my fault, I forgot myself to the shit embedded, sorry
Admin and GreatLord .... and linuxgx.
Last edited by Blackcrack on Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
linuxgx

Post by linuxgx »

Blackcrack wtf are you from my friend, because bablefish isn't working for you. Keeping in mind that you seem to be on my-side of the issue. Haos has no ability to accept recommendations, he has the same reaction to every time i make a suggestion. Hostility.
Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack »

linuxgx sorry......
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

And now back to topic, or I will tidy up a bit in here ;-)
linuxgx: He is German, like me ;-)
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
cppm

Post by cppm »

blackcrack wrote:humm.. shold Reactos not take a look for more Programmers to supporting gcc to go faster to supporting 64Bit ...
I'm going to have faith in humanity and your mental state and assume you mean that the ROS developers should talk to the gcc developers and tell them to hurry up, rather than the manpower diversion that others have portended from your cryptic passages, because that would involve you honestly believing that the best way to speed progress up would be to divert programmers away from the project.... heh.... good one.

In which case I should point out that that's not really a bright 'idea' and that these people who are coding a NT kernel and desktop OS can probably operate an e-mail program and have thought of talking to them.

Now what does this thread really boil down to? I mean, all else aside I think I can summarize like this:

Some fans have expressed an interest in 64 bit support for ROS, but then again the developers have been looking into this for a while now and will add it at the time, and since no-one really uses this OS for real life use yet it's pretty academic at the moment, so nothing much came of that.

Oh yes, and there was this talk of some kinda hybrid design, but noone really got into how that would work other than it would 'emulate' 32 bit to 64 bit and vice-versa. (personally sounds to much like win 9x) .

Now... not really that constructive then...

Maybe we'll have better luck in understanding arbitrarily positioned lexemes that appear to be made up on the spot

In other words, anyone got a clue what this means?:
blackcrack wrote:You can perhaps others in his ton, or can you say you are happy with a draw .. Thank you ..
Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack »

it was ot, and sholt not be realy intrested and was taken google tranzlater *s* (the last quote*s*)
greetings
Blacky
linuxgx

Post by linuxgx »

:x Dude I speak german, lets just use that please!
Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack »

*bg* klar doch mein schnuckelchen *bg*
an mir solls ned liegen, aber GreatLord und EmuandCo hätten sicher
was dagenen , hier.. but in the german forum be many Kiddys
who whant make truble too... :\ humpf... or be they are from MS? *s*

liebe grüße
Blacky
kwegusi

Re: ReactOS X64 - (Adapt or Die)

Post by kwegusi »

yes Guys
throw away the 32-bit Version

in near Future , there will be only 64-bit systems
concentrate your work full to 64-bit

excuse my bad english
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: ReactOS X64 - (Adapt or Die)

Post by EmuandCo »

ARGH Topic Necromancy!
This topic is over a year old.
CLOSED
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...