TsonicOS; edit of ReactOS?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

manatails007

TsonicOS; edit of ReactOS?

Post by manatails007 »

I got some mail from Tsvetan Banchev recently, which contains TsonicOS screenshot, so I googled it, and result was
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tsonicos
so I got in that website, and what I saw is a danm copy of ReactOS
and

[Edit] remove all email address that was added here spam robots will scan all website they found and start posting that why u should write
@ = at and . as dot
[/Edit]

if you have following mail address, you might got the mail, I think he is spammer, so we have to do something!
preston
Developer

Post by preston »

omg thanks for posting my email address once again :/ spam++

anyway developers know about this issue and they are doing their best to deal with it.
rogers

Post by rogers »

could someone remove that post?

(yeah, i'm also angry for that, recently they sent me about ten mails...)
BOT_ev

Post by BOT_ev »

Well Tsvetan has some mental problems ... He is pretty famous troll in many bulgarian forums ... just don`t pay him attention. Try to ignore him as much as u can.
GreatLord
Developer

Post by GreatLord »

I did remove all email address in that post. and wrote why I did remove it
Mihail_B

Re: TsonicOS; edit of ReactOS?

Post by Mihail_B »

Sorry ... but think at this
Linux has many ... many distros :D :
CentOS
Debian
Fedora
Gentoo
Knoppix
Linspireonce
Mandriva
openSUSE
PCLinuxOS
Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Slackware
Ubuntu

sorry any way .... :roll:
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

The guy who started Tsonic has been spamming not only developers but also testers. They've posted links to the leaked MS Windows source code and they've stripped out all the copyright headers in the code they took from us. That's copyright violation for both MS' and our stuff and a GPL violation for our stuff. We don't like them for a VERY good reason.
florian

Post by florian »

But he didn't rename our ReactOS explorer. Look at his Sreenshot of his Tsonic OS: http://sourceforge.net/project/screensh ... _id=215986 (Date: 01.03.2008)

Anyway - if you're statements are true, it is not very nice not to mention ReactOS as the groundwork of their work. But believing you Z98 that Tsonic OS would be a copyright violation for our GPL'ed stuff and especially MS stuff, too, it might be better that they didn't mentioned ReactOS too much except of our ReactOS explorer.
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Legally, we could order Tsonic to shut down. We've already gotten them banned multiple times from sourceforge and got their site host to pull the plug, but these guys are bloody persistent. We'll keep at it if we have to, cause leaving them alone is just asking for trouble in the future.
oiaohm

Post by oiaohm »

Just went looking at the sourceforge site. Nothing in the cvs. There files No iso. Old information how to run wine application. Any supporter of wine would not be touching 2002 versions of wine with a ten foot pole. And some replacement images for wall paper and login screen.

So currently mostly inside rules of sourceforge. Maybe they are learning. Except looks like they have relabeled the kde 4.0 installer.
DGMurdockIII

Post by DGMurdockIII »

you should be happy someone is taking the time to make there own version you should try to work with them
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Did you even read what I posted, DG?
BOT_ev

Post by BOT_ev »

Guys, as I said hes just a retard ... don`t take him seriously. Nothing is going to happen with "his OS". Too bad I can`t translate all posts in linux-bg.org or some other big bulgarian forums to show you how funny this guy could be :).
DGMurdockIII

Post by DGMurdockIII »

well maby he dose not now better and maybe he thinks becse microsft is open source some of there code that the leacked stuff is ok to uses now
Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack »

i had wrote 2 Mails, one to Phoenix and one's to
TsonicOS Project Coordinator .. they are shold comming
to Reactos and shold not steal a other work on
Open Source .. helldammed..

oh... Z98 ehh, anyway.. i had wrote a Mail to Phoenix i think he
whant get a reaction.. (uuppss...i had read you post to late*bg*)
Pease !

Blackcrack